i have a problem with epsxe emulator

usljo

ive pluged in two dualshock controllers in my front usb ports and now the problem is that sometimes while playing on epsxe 1.60 bouth of em controllers just get kicked out by windows with a report saying that theres a malfunktion with a usb device but thats bull
first of they bouth get kicked at the same time and secong when placeing them on the rear ports they work good.
i must also say that this problem accourt after i ran epsxe 1.52 with epsxe 1.60 written in the registry allready.
ive also deleted the configuration registry entry and then started just epsxe 1.60 and configured it allone (without starting 1.52) but still no use.
what could it be ????

ouch123

That Guy Nobody Knows...
Are they both made by Game elements by any chance? If so, then they won't work together, only one at a time.

usljo

first what do you mean with made by game elements???
and second i will explain better what i mean.
i think that both versions of epsxe(1.52 and 1.6) were interfering with each other and that they made some entry in the hardware configuration of my pad becouse bouth versions are useing the same resources, at least the same registry entries, ive also checked directx settings but there doesent seem to be anything that i would be able to configure couse dxdiag is just a diagnostic tool, so i think it would be enough if somebody could tell me about any other entries the pad made in windows and how to delete thouse so that it seems like the pad had never been pluged in.

montpics

Why don't you place the old 'ePSXe.exe' (from the old version of ePSXe 1.5.2, and yes, the one and only exe file! Rename it as 'ePSXe 152.exe' instead.) in the ePSXe 1.6.0 folder? It won't mess the registry at all. :)

usljo

but it already did mess it up somehow and i need to fix it now i dont even need the 1.52 version anymore

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
then AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Find and search for "ePSXe" with out quotes in the registry. Delete every thing you find. Since ePSXe is going to have any impact on system critical information any ways. Reboot and reinstall.

I really dont see evern the most novis user messing this up ;)

usljo

i did this before and its not it, there must be some other entry that epsxe made, im not sure but i think that i should fix or reinstall dirctx somehow what do you think?? and one more think that might help you, help me, is that the pads are being kicked at random sometimes when i press a button sometimes when i move the pad just from one place to another and sometimes while its standing still and the first time it happend was when i was playing crash team racing on epsxe 1.6 and thats all i can say

montpics

I don't know how much I could help, but testing your own gamepad using Controller something which can be found in control panel would be a better idea of whether it is something about your own gamepad or other things.

usljo

i lend the pad to a friend for three days and he had no trouble with it and of course i already did that in controll pannel and it works great untill it gets kicked