Dragon Quest VII won't run in epsxe...

Roninblade

I recently got a few .nrg files of Dragonquest VII and converted them to ISOs with the program nrg2iso, but they won't run. Any reason?

mhl12

...cmon you have to be more specific. What do you mean it wont run? Is there a error message? Does it not do anything? Is it just a blank screen?

And have you considered the possibility that the original files were corrupted?

Roninblade

Yeah, sorry about the lack of detail here. I typed this up in a hurry before I went to class.

When I try to run the ISO file, all I get is a black screen from epsxe...nothing to indicate a working ROM. I'm aware that the file could just be a dud (I got it from torrenting so I wouldn't be too surprised) but there are lots of things I don't know about PSX emulation so I figured I'd ask to see if there was any common problem with this game (i.e. Chrono Cross type things).

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
I am not surprised , even at Connectix 1.4 the game goes only until the Dragon quest logo which is a boat and it can't go forward.Maybe the rom don't work even on Epsxe.I don't think that any other emulator is capable of running it , but you should try every emulator for PSX ,you never know what might happen.

Xiedo

I don't know about Dragon Quest VII (JP), but I've gotten Dragon Warrior VII (EN) to work on pSX 1.8 with no effort at all, so I wouldn't give up yet.

If it doesn't work on pSX your file might be corrupted after all.

Last edited: