Game saves

jstn_cx

Ok, this is a pretty big request here. First, I run epsxe 1.6 and have a ps2. Is there a way I can:

1) download game saves (like from gamefaqs) and import them to epsxe and/or a ps1 memory card?
2) take a game save from epsxe and swap it to a ps1 memory card?

What my aim to do here is play ps1 games on both epsxe and ps2 and hotswap my saved games so that I can go straight from epsxe and pick up exactly where I was on the ps2. Is that possible?

Also, how do cheats work with epsxe? And if so, would the saved games with those cheats corrupt a ps1 memory card?

I don't know for sure about epsxe, but you can download gamesaves from gamefaqs and use it with PSXeven.
Just go to memcard manager and import the save.

I don't think you can take PSXeven save to your playstation though.

And those cheats you speak of are used to fix certain glitches in certain games.

belmont

Actually there is an old cheat device called DexDrive that tranfers saves from the PC to a PSone memory card and the opposite.

Mikethered

For my first post ever-

Yes, you most certainly can.

Download the file, place it in your ePSXe Memory Card folder (where your default cards are stored.)

Open ePSXe and select Config -> Memory Card.

Select the gamesave as your memory card in either slot 1 or 2. (DexDrive games are .GME I think)

Load your game, then load the save (through the game as if you were playing it on console) from the respective memory card slot you placed your downloaded gamesave in.

Remember to change your default memory cards back to normal for your other games!

so...
- download the save
- place it in your epsxe mem card folder for easy finding
- epsxe -> config -> memory card -> select button next to card of your choice
- select downloaded gamesave
- load game
- load save through the game

Good to be on these boards, I've used them a long time and I figured it was time to give something back and start helping people. :)