Who actually went and saw Silent Hill?

Akiko_the_Elf

She Who Sucks At Life
Did you actually go see Silent Hill? What did you think?

Akiko_the_Elf

She Who Sucks At Life
I saw it. And, I guess all things considered I really liked it.

The visual effects were really cool. The story line was pretty entrapping. There were only two things that really bothered me. One was that they didn't follow any kind of story line from the game at all. I feel that if you're going to use the premise of a game and some of it's characters and its name for a movie, the least you can do is follow its plot.

The other thing I didn't like was the ending. Too confusing and no closure. It was left blatantly open for a sequel.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Although a big SH fan I didn't see it yet.
I even had a rip on my HDD...but deleted it,poor quality.

Currently playing SH4 again on the PC.

Akiko_the_Elf

She Who Sucks At Life
See, I really loved the games. They were cool and scary. It was really fun to play them in the dark and they left a really lasting impression.

The movie just wasn't as creepy as all that. Granted, there are some scenes where you're like, "What the f@*&?!?" But they just don't compare.

belmont

I went and saw it.
I liked it.
The other thing I didn't like was the ending. Too confusing and no closure.
Reminded me one of the bad endings of SH4 when you stayed in room 302 for ever...

montpics

I wish I could, but rather wait for DVD release here. ;)

Many viewers 'complained' about the ending, as you mentioned earlier, though the film gave a great visual and music to keep it more 'Silent Hill' feel as the original game did. :cool:

Akiko_the_Elf

She Who Sucks At Life
Actually, I thought the music could have been better.

They had some serious potential with this movie to go with a real hard rock soundtrack. But they didn't.