WinRar Help

Icabod33

Ok, so my trial of WinRar runs out in five days. Does that mean that any games I have in a winrar format/folder will be innacessable until i buy the actual product?

cibomatto2002

Windows 10
Hello use 7zip it is better here is what it can do and it is free

* High compression ratio in new 7z format with LZMA compression
* 7-Zip is free software distributed under the GNU LGPL
* Supported formats: 7z, ZIP, CAB, RAR, ARJ, GZIP, BZIP2, Z, TAR, CPIO, RPM and DEB
* For ZIP and GZIP formats 7-Zip provides compression ratio that is 2-10 % better than ratio provided by PKZip and WinZip
* Self-extracting capability for 7z format
* Integration with Windows Shell
* Powerful File Manager
* Powerful command line version
* Plugin for FAR Manager
* Localizations for 57 languages

http://www.7-zip.org/

Icabod33

Ok, but what will happen when I switch, will the current progress or ROMS even that I have currently be erased, or will 7zip take over if i uninstall WinRar

Jale

Icabod33 said:
Ok, so my trial of WinRar runs out in five days. Does that mean that any games I have in a winrar format/folder will be innacessable until i buy the actual product?
Your games will still be accesible, but you will be annoyed about the pop-up message telling you that your evaluation copy has expired. Try looking for a crack/patch file that let's you to avoid the expiration time, but due to the forum rules I can't tell you where to get it. It's up to you.

By the way, ZIP files are widely popular among emulators. I don't think that RAR files are supported.

Last edited:

Icabod33

Thanks, I know one, I was just afraid that all of the files would be innacessible until I reintalled, destroying all my ROMS.