Emulator Problem: Got ASUS T100-H1-GR windows 8.1 tablet having issues with emulators settings

Prophit

I just got the Asus transformer book running Windows 8.1. I've read everywhere how people have psx emulators running smoothly but I'm not having that result at all. I have them running off the 500gb hdd that's in the keyboard attachment since I don't have space on the actual tablet it self. I've tried expse and pSX 1.13. Expse runs slow even when I place the settings on "fastest" while the pSX1.13 runs fine ( using super puzzle fighter turbo 2) both have an issue where they don't recognize my rumble pad 2 wired usb controller or my generic usb 8 button controller. When I set them they used to have the d-pad backwards or just not function at all and now that I moved them to the keyboard now the emulators don't register my gamepads at all. I can configure them but in game nothing happens. for the generic I have it set up as a digital pad and tried to set the rumble pad 2 as a dual analog. For the Expse I've tried putting them at 800x600 resolution and also making sure it's running off the intel HD gpu in the settings yet it still seems slow. Finally the pSX crashes when I hit escape during a game it's running. Any help would be welcomed and I know it's a bit much so I'll clarify if needed. thank you