Emulator Problem: Problem with graphics

cactus

Hello,
I have downloaded epsxe and tried to play driver and driver 2 on it. Both games work but they have a common problem with graphics. The game's menus and movies have very poor quality, when in-game car models are clipping and the map is wavy. I have tried using different ROMs and plugin's for both games but it didn't solve the problem. My graphics card is very poor, it has only 1.89ghz, maybe this is causing the problem? Please help me to fix the graphics.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
No the video card performance will only slow down the game not change the way it looks. There are only 3 issues that would do that.

1) bad emulation, maybe the emulator simply can not emulate those games. Try another emulator.
2) Plugins, Changing the plugin really should help or worsen the deal. Dont change petes for petes. Try something very different.
3) graphic library, Some plugins support dx and ogl, try changing that.

the only case a video card could be the problem can be proven by trying another emulator. If both emulators act the same and are not spawned from one another, its' possibly a card issue.

Or simply put "cactus". ( assuming you are aware of the joke )

Last edited:

cactus

No the video card performance will only slow down the game not change the way it looks. There are only 3 issues that would do that.

1) bad emulation, maybe the emulator simply can not emulate those games. Try another emulator.
2) Plugins, Changing the plugin really should help or worsen the deal. Dont change petes for petes. Try something very different.
3) graphic library, Some plugins support dx and ogl, try changing that.

the only case a video card could be the problem can be proven by trying another emulator. If both emulators act the same and are not spawned from one another, its' possibly a card issue.

Or simply put "cactus". ( assuming you are aware of the joke )

Is there anything to else I can do? Other emulators only make it worse or don't work at all. I have tried all plugins I could find on emulator zone.
I'm not really sure what graphic libraries are and what to do with them, google dosen't give out the secret too.
Downloading metal gear solid to check if the problem is in the games....