Will buying this new processor fix my slow down issues?(pcsx 2)

sonyFreak2323

i have a processor that is a simple 2 core and when i try to play a ps2 game i made an iso from it has some fps slowdown during in game cutscenes(the game is xenosaga 1). Other games like onimusha blade warriors has too slow of a fps to play.

i have tried various setting in the speedhacks but they have not worked. i was thinking of upgrading to this processor(i cant buy a whole new pc)...

AMD Athlon II X3 450 Rana 3.2GHz Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Desktop Processor

i was looking at one of the hacks and it utilizes 3core processors so i was thinking this would fix it or at least make it better. Xenosaga only slows down to about 35 fps during most cutscenes.

any help would be nice. Thank you

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I believe the X4 965 BE is the best am3 chip right now. It will overclock close to 4GHz with aftermarket air cooler. Make sure to get a black edition if you plan to OC it. These are hard to find but ebay does have them. Its only a bit over $100 ( 115-140 ) and IMO a good buy. 4 cores is all you will ever need for emulation. Right now the only emulator I know of that uses more the 2 is dolphin by putting the sound processing on the 3rd. As far as AMD goes This chip allowing a solid 4.0 stable is the best bang for the buck. If you want better fluid game play you must go intel (sandy/ivy bridge or the new intel chip set). AMD is cumming out with new chips but you still need a new board for that.

Last edited: