Evening everyone!

Zero Masters

Just dropping in to say hey. I used to be big on emulation around 98-2004ish. Back when it seemed like witchcraft that you could do it, and it seemed like the sweetest thing in the world. lol.

Getting back into playing around with it. All the new games out seem to be lacking...certain sustenance. And I own an FC Twin and plan to buy a Retron 5 as well but I am liking emulators more. Wired Xbox 360 controller, and a decent PC. I am kind of impressed at the newer generations of emulators. Back in the day emulating a PS2 seemed impossible! Yet here we are.

I hope to be around a bit, but sadly it does look like the emulation community is not as big as it once was.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Hey Zero, glad to have you, I'm also of that era. I first played with the idea of emulating psx discs then I found out about n64 emulation and nesticle. I so agree with you on the newer games, really to me its like the game play is gone. Seem to be more focused on art and how many pollys fit on a screen at once. Lots of new trends this old fart is not digging. So emulation is my saving grace. Lots of cool moments in emulation history out there. Like bsnes now higan, the only fully pure emulator in existence. Many said that would never happen. Check out my sig some time, its not for everyone but still something neat.

slooksterpsv

I think that the emulation community has dwindled a little bit because this newer generation doesn't know what classic good old games are. Now I'm only 25 and I really dislike some of the newer games out now because it's all about Achievements not finding secrets in the game and letting your friend who plays know. Emulation will always have a place in my heart and very few games still stick to the classic involvement of games (Pokemon does still it looks like).

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
The world would do well having more people like you. I have top appreciation for any one 25 and younger that has an eye for good classic games, and good music. That is one or the other not necessarily both. Not everyone can tolerate bad ass music like megadeth,maiden, and ozzy( randy days ). The 80s had it fair share of crap but some of the best things came our of that era.