PS1 Game/Emulator problems

anarchofascist

I have tried to run three different games (Legend of Mana, Lunar SSSC, and Lunar 2: EB) on two different emulators (ePSXe and PCSXR). Every time, the games get really screwy, except for the title screens in all the games. Audio is distorted or non-existent, and there is severe lag and/or freezing. Haven't been able to get far enough to find other problems.

I am able to use my other emulators just fine (snes and n64). My computer is powerful enough to run much more advanced games like Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion without problems. I also close down other applications before playing, but it makes no difference.

Anybody know what is going on?

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
It might just be your plugin setup, but if you don't feel like going through all the bullcrap, I would suggest getting pSX 1.13, almost no plugin config, and works great. Only downside is that the textures won't be high-res, it'll be at the native psx resolution.

anarchofascist

Any idea where I can get the necessary plugins for ePSXe, or do you know how to run .iso or .bin files on pSX 1.13?

Thanks for the help.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
pSX is able to play .iso and .bin. The default plugins you get should be enough to get those games working, but it seems that's not the case with you. I would advise you to just go around downloading different plugins and messing with settings until you get a favorable outcome.

montpics

Plugins for ePSXe or PCSX-Reloaded (only common plugins available)
>CLICK HERE!<

As for which is better plugin, I could advise you to use Pete's OpenGL2 PSX GPU 2.0.9 for Graphic and Eternal SPU 1.50 beta2 for Sound. You can pick any CD plugin like Xeven's CDR Plugin 0.93 or P.E.Op.S. CDR 1.4.

Please note that you NEED to configure these plugins first right after you choose.