How do I use my controller?

tomacetw

Hi,

I'm a newbie to the wonderful world of emulation and I have a question I'm hoping someone could help me with. I used to have Nesticle to play old NES games and I have an old nintendo controller hooked up to my hard drive. It works great with Nesticle.

But I just download a new emulator. Called FCEU. It's a great emulator, but I cannot figure out how to get my nintendo control to work. I went to Configure-Input, but I'm not sure what to do.

Does anyone know how to configure the FCEU emulator to use an old nintendo controller plugged into my hard drive? Please help. I'm desperate to start playing again. Thanks.

tomacetw

Yeah. I'm using an adaptor for the control. Basically, I need to know how to activate it. It is already plugged in to my hard drive. I went to Config-Input. But I don't know what the configuration is supposed to be. I can't even figure out how to use the keypad right now.

Jale

tomacetw said:
It is already plugged in to my hard drive.
Hard Drive? :confused: Did you mean one of the PC's ports?
The only things you can plug into the hard drive are IDE cables, jumpers and the power cable.

tomacetw said:
But I don't know what the configuration is supposed to be. I can't even figure out how to use the keypad right now.
In the Config --> Input options, make sure all the NES-style input ports are set to "Gamepad", then click on "Configure" in the port 1 (player 1 of course). You'll see control maps for player 1 and 3 (need to configure only player 1).

Press each button you want to assign. For example...

Click on "Up" button and then press "Up" on the D-pad of the Nintendo controller, and do the same with the rest. Nothing difficult though...