Computer Problem: Help with this multi part game

NeonArmy

hi i donwloaded a multi part rom it has 20 parts what do i need to do?
(the game is fire emblem path of radiance and the emulator is dolphin)
Please HELP!

Failtacular

Download all the parts, then open the first part and extract it. It should automatically extract all the parts into one disc image.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
what did it make, An iso?
what type of game, gamecube?

jbone1337

Well have all the parts in the same folder, they should be something like this:
game.rar
game.r01
game.r02
Now im not sure how zip files do it, but im sure its similar. Just extract the main one .rar (or in your case the one that is just .zip with no numbers attached to it).

But to actually see the file extensions you will need to turn them on. To do this, open any windows explorer window (like my documents). In the top left you should see organize, click that and the select folder and search options (vista/7) if you are on XP, go to tools > files/folder options instead. Once you have that window opened, go to the view tab, and near the top of the list you will see "hide file extensions for known file types" you want to UNcheck that, then click ok. Now it will show the file exception for each file. And the file extension will be the at the end. so it may look like this "WINZip.iso.zip" its really a .zip the .iso is part of the file name.

Anyway after you extract it properly, you should be left with a .iso or .gcm they will both work fine in dolphin. ( www.dolphin-emulator.com/ ) i wouldnt use dolphin link from this site, its freaking ANCIENT! Now say you have a .iso and want a .gcm? well just change the .iso to .gcm lol. right click rename, anmd select the extension and just type it. It works both ways, you can make a .gcm to a .iso the same way.