Help with TGB Dual infrared link

shroomos

Hello.
I'm asking for help with the TGB Dual emulator using the infrared link. I've seen tutorials about TGB Dual explaining how to use and everything worked (including loading two roms at the same time and reading the .sav and .sa2 save files), but when I try to do anything that needs infrared then it simply won't work (like the Card Pop! function in Pokemon Card GB 2).
If I click at Options->Devices->GBC Infrared Controller, an "Unknown" prompt pops up but I have no idea what am I supposed to do with it. The only documentation I've found is in japanese and I can't understand it.

Thanks in advance.

shroomos

Oh wow googling 'TGB Dual infrared link' already redirects here :(
shameless self-bump because I'll probably keep checking daily for any reply here.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
I just wanted to post because I don't want you to feel ignored, its just that none of us are able to think of a solution, sorry. :(

galec

Hi! I was looking for the same thing while playing Bomberman - Max Blue Champion, which requires an infrared signal for special "levels" from a remote control. By a huge stroke of luck I figured out that by putting "0000ffff" in the text input of the T Infrared controller, it makes it work! Now I don't know if that'll work with other games but it does for Bomberman. Hope this helps!

(I just noticed I'm answering 2 years after your original post... but anyway I hope it will help many other people who will come to face this problem)

Last edited:

CAMTJ

Hi! I was looking for the same thing while playing Bomberman - Max Blue Champion, which requires an infrared signal for special "levels" from a remote control. By a huge stroke of luck I figured out that by putting "0000ffff" in the text input of the T Infrared controller, it makes it work! Now I don't know if that'll work with other games but it does for Bomberman. Hope this helps!

(I just noticed I'm answering 2 years after your original post... but anyway I hope it will help many other people who will come to face this problem)

Why did you put that "0000ffff"? It doesn't work with Pokemon Silver :(. Man... 2 years have passed and no one knows how to use the IR in TGB Dual :msn_tongu