Is there an NES emulator that lets you save state with the gamepad?

stebbinsd

I usually like to use my Xbox 360 gamepad, but I haven't come across any NES emulators that let me use save states on my gamepad. On the ZSNES, I can map save state to the LT button, and load state to the RT button.

But, on fceux, even though none of the shoulder buttons are used in the gameplay, so I figured I could just map the save state and load state for slot 0 to the LB and RB buttons.

But nope, I can't do that. When I pull up the edit hotkey menu, and I double click on "save state slot 0," it prompts me to enter a key, but it won't let me use the gamepad.

My other NES emulator, Nestopia, doesn't fair much better. I can't even find where it is I'm supposed to re-map the save state buttons!

So, what is it I'm supposed to do?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
You can use a program like xpadder to set a macro to a button.

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
On the ZSNES, I can map save state to the LT button, and load state to the RT button.
but with fceux ...
it prompts me to enter a key, but it won't let me use the gamepad.

So use xpadder to do it. Xpadder can launch its self when a program is run, so you can set up a profile for each emulator you like. So you load fceux and Xpadder will load its self and map the L and R buttons to f5/shift f5 ( or what ever is your save state key).

Last edited:

stebbinsd

Ok, I finally decided to give Xpadder a try. There's just one problem, though: IT COSTS MONEY!

This is BS! The main thing that got me into emulators in the first place is that it was free!

Honestly, can someone just recommend a totally different emulator?