wich controller is the best?

emoboy369

i think and know too much for my age so about 5 mins ago i started thinking wich controller is the best and why heres what i came up with. lets start off with the 360 controller it is the strongest controller, people whip it across the room over and over again and it doesn't break, it has better grip and the buttons are perfectly spaced apart but it lacks in the technological department with a batter pack that pops out way too often and doesn't have the best wireless range. no onto the wii controller with its motion sensing that involves people to get up and move helps people world roung but the battery life is too short . now the ps3 controller with its motion sensing, superb wireless range and great battery life but the buttons are too close together, slips out of your hands too easy, more difficult to replace the battery and breaks too easy. all these controllers have great strengths and weaknesses so wich one is better?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
For me its the controller for the emulator. In the 90's I looked for an over all perfect controller for all games, but only to find there is no such thing. Sure there are a few favs like the 360, neogeo, or the saturn.. but from an Emulator connoisseur.. its the controller meant for the emulator.. If I play the n64, I use the n64, if I play the pc-fx I use the pc-fx.. and so on, but that is just me ;)

Last edited:

pepperoni

I think there is not 1 perfect controller, it just depends on what game you are playing

for al non 3d games ps2 layout
For 3d games xbox360 layout
for 3d shooters wii remote + nunchuck

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
It really depends on the games you play, but in general, I try to use the N64 controller whenever I can. It has a very nice middle grip, and the buttons are evenly spaced out.

kelvicharlie

In my opinion Xbox 360 is the best controller.Although I have played PS1 and PS2 for years, the Xbox controller's buttons, thumb sticks and d-pad are easy to reach, and they come in 2 different sizes.It takes a while to get used to but it feels the best in your hands and is easy to use.

zelda kid

For me the xbox 360 controller is the best for first person shooters and almost every game. i dislike the wii controller because i find i dont have as great of control in first person shooters but for low action games it is quite fun. i dislike the ps2, or ps3 controller because it is too small and the n64 controller i dont like because of the three handles