HELP PLAYING SONIC CD

Bebop

so im using Fusion 3.6 emulator and i downloaded a sonic cd rom. but im baffled as to how to get this to work.

if anyones kind enough to help please break it down for me like im from the 1800s as i have no idea about what Bios are etc etc.

Bebop

update: i figured out Bios and i got it to start the Sega title with the planet in the backround then it goes to some music (i guess) player. but i can't get the game going

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Its not recognising the disk image. Go to 'file' from the Fusion toolbar and select 'Load Sega CD Image' then browse to the Game ISO.

If it still doesn't work then its likely your ISO is no good or you haven't unzipped it. Also make sure its actually a SegaCD/MegaCD game you're trying to run.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
An ISo is a digital image of the original game disk. Once you've sourced and downloaded one, you need to unzip it then use the emulator to run it.

Bebop

THANX SO MUCH!

i finally got thegame working....however i only hear the sound for effects and no music?

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
You need to use the Sega Cue maker to create a cue file for the disk.

Download it Here.

When you launch the game point it at the cue file that the cue maker creates rather than the game ISO. Your music should now work (so long as the audio files and cue file are also in the folder with the game ISO).

Bebop

i downloaded it, i put it in the same folder, but when i go to load the sega CD image it doesn't appear.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
You need to use the CUE maker you downloaded with your disk image to create a cue file for the game. Putting the cue maker in the file won't do anything.

So launch cue maker, show it where your game is then hit create cue file. Put the generated cue file into the folder with your game ISO and sound files, then when you run the emulator and select load sega CD Rom, select the CUE file rather than the ISO.

Bebop

"Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid" displays when i try to open the cue maker.