Emulator Problem: Emulator Problem

OldSchool20

I am having a problem whenever I run my gens emulator. See when I run the emulator I have Internet explorer in the background. When I switch between the emulator and click on anything outside of the gens window, I get a slight delay as if my computer stopped responding for about 2 secs. I played games where I had heavier loads being done on the computer. I am just wondering why I get this slight delay and what I can do to fix it.

OldSchool20

Bump.

Can someone please help me with the emulator problem I am having? Everytime I tend to any activity outside of the emulator, my computer seems to freeze for a few seconds as if I had too much going on that my computer can't handle it. Any help would be appreciated.

Clive82

What exactly is your problem???

2 seconds ???

think about it. 2 seconds to switch from your emulator to IE and thats a problem.

But the emulator runs fine...
you can play games on the emulator...

I might be your pc.

Last edited:

OldSchool20

I was just wondering how come when I play a snes emulator, i have no problem switching to something in the background with any delay. When I open the gens emulator, first thing that happens is that my screen gets this little glitch on the screen where it turns black for a sec as if my screen flickered and then loads the program normally. Is there a reason why it does that? When I load the snes emulator it opens just like a normal program with no flickering on my screen. Yes, the emulator works fine with everything else(roms and whatnot), but I wanted to know if I needed to change a certain option or is it also happening with other people's pc also? I loaded the gens emulator on 3 different pcs and all of them have that slight delay. So I don't think it's my computer. It's not a real big problem for me. I thought maybe I could get some advice to fix it. I tend to switch between the emulator and messenging. I usually have to wait for the delay to go away before I get a chance to type into my message box.

My specs if I wasn't specific enough are:
Windows XP Pro Service Pack 3
Intel Core Duo CPU
2.4 GHz 2.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8700M GT
Direct 9x

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
My first guess is that gens is running in a different screen mode and when you close it or tab away windows is switching back to its normal res and 32 bit colour. Perfectly normal behaviour.