I can't remember the name of this scrolling game. Help?

NorseChief

Back when I was a kid around 94' I played this nes game in a store that was on display but I have no idea what it's name was.

It was a scrolling game, sort of like mario bros but different. I only remember ever seeing part of the first level. There were these blocks with like skulls on them (I think you had to either jump on them or avoid them) and you had to jump in and out of the water (swimming) and jump on land platform. I can't remember clearly but there were like ghosts floating around and chasing you (I think they were coming from the blocks with the skulls on them).

Does anybody perhaps know what game I am talking about. If so, please tell me what game it could possibly be, cuz I kinda want to play it again :D

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
Your description vaguely reminds me of Alex Kidd in Miracle world, but that's a Master System exclusive game so...

NorseChief

That was spot on! That was indeed the game. Thanks, m8. I have been looking everwhere for it :D

I had no idea it was mastersystem when I was playing it as a kid. Wow! I was really convinced it was nes. Thanks again hey.