Gen 3 Pokemon

garfieldthecat

Hello there.

I've been trying for the past week to figure out how to best go about battling Pokemon (Generation III) over a LAN. I figured most of it out, and I've successfully had several battles using VBALink over WiFi LAN, but there are a lot more specific issues I'm trying to work through. As I figure out answers to my questions, I will likely write a comprehensive guide on the topic. But before I did that I was hoping that I could get some guidance from the veterans.

Has anyone gone about writing a guide specifically for playing Gen. 3 Pokemon on VBA? I want to cover everything from ROM versions to connection modes for each game to cheat code implementation.

My pure goal in this project was to be able to load up a ROM, configure the features of the party, and immediately be able to battle friends that have done the same. The problems I've had with the cheat codes are significant enough to prevent me from accomplishing this goal, and I'd like to solidify the best way to deal with the problem.

I know Pokemon might not be everyone's thing, but I would still appreciate any input you would have on the matter. Links to existing guides or reflections on personal experience would be deeply appreciated.