graphic problem in chankast

darkprince090

I know trillions of questions comes everyday about how to play dc games, etc but im having a different problem. I have the dc flash and bios, i have a SA2 game (rom) i got chankast alpha working but i have some graphics problem, i cant read any text during gameplay, even when the emulator boots up initially and tries to show the dreamcast logo i cant see anything (it seems all chopped and hacked up), and when the game plays it looks simply horrible.
I played it on null, null almost cleared the problem the text are clear and the cutscene looks fine but during gameplay (this is the part where it is hard to explain) a building (from the backround) would covers the majority of the screen (includinging sonic) and when sliding down the first level, the building keeps sliding down the screen over and over, and so its basically hard to see wat you are doing, or where you are going. Its not the roms problem because no text can be read even while im not playing a game, like when trying to configuring my memory card. Please im so close into playing this game i just need to get it 100% working

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
What are the specs of the PC you are using?, what operating system is the PC running?, are your graphics drivers and direct-x up to date?.

darkprince090

Im not really great with computer stuff but i'll try to list my spec

Okay its Intel Pentium(R) Dual CPU
its 1.8 GHz, and has 504 of ram

its running in windows XP proffesional (if that helps) and my computer is pretty recent (bout 5 months old), i cant tell what direct X i have, but would it really be that outdated, considering the fact that its not an old pc?

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Shouldn't be, but with any graphical problem the first thing to do (and thereby eliminate) is to update your drivers and Direct-X files.
I can't remember if Chankast is plugin based its been that long since I used it, if it is then try using a different graphics plugin for it.

darkprince090

i downloaded directX 9, and there are no graphic plugins..............*sigh* guess its not meant to be. So close and yet so far, i never thought that this quote can be so painfully true.

darkprince090

omg my luck sucks even more, i got demul to run, and it fixed both problems that i faced when playing with null or chankast, but now my problem is is that the controls dont work! I configured it but it shows no effect. WHy oh why do the controls not work! Please if someones good with demul, help a bro out.