Playstation 3 help

JoshM22

I just purchased a PS3. I don't have a HD TV or a TV with audio,video inputs. I have tried running the video and audio cables in the VCR audio and video inputs. The screen is just black. What do I do? I have tried unplugging everything connceted to the Station and the TV screen still shows up black. What do i do?

Last edited:

Jale

Make sure you're connecting them to Video In and Audio In, or, if it exist, you can try using a RF Switch, but the sound and image quality will be slightly decreased.

~!!WhoCares!!~

Rumor Starter...
I suggest you buy a new TV. Cause if you read the setup guide it says that the PS3 sometimes won't work with VCR's. It should sometimes work though, but I guess it doesn't work for you.

Try this shut off any other electronics thats connected to the TV. Other than the VCR. Have the TV on with the VCR and the PS3. Turn on your PS3 by pressing the power button (not the PS button). Hold it the power button for at lest 10 seconds. It should beep if it doesn't it didn't work. By doing that you reseted the PS3's video options and it reset to work with the TV.

Last edited:

JoshM22

I resolved the problem. Funny it took nearly two hours with trial and error. I tried plugging in with the VCR and another Standard Def TV with actual AV hookups. Turns out the AV hook up cable that came with the system was defective. PS2 AV hookup that came with it was compatable. Thanks for the info.