I cant see video on pj64

slash

Random Hero
when i try to play a game on pj64 i cant see the game, the screen is black. but i can hear the music! whats the problem!?

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
DirectX comes with Windows, unless your using something else other then... First - let's peak at "DirectX", go to > START - RUN - "type" (dxdiag) in the box - Display (tab) - and make sure "3D Acceleration" is "enabled". Second - the plug-ins are located by the emulator, go to > OPTIONS - SETTINGS - and list the ones your using. ;) Third - not sure what PCs your using, but what's the specs on the "home" one? Might help me here...

Last edited:

slash

Random Hero
whoa whao back up haha. ok it was enabled, but i go to options > settings then which tab r u talking about? and what do mean about the specs on the home one?? windows xp, thats about all i know

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
Alright... sorry about that pal. :p Okay, ruled out two, though now the settings... It's the "Plugins" tab, should be on first view. It will list "Video" / "Audio" / "Input" / "RSP" (v1.7 only). List what it has selected so I can help you figure why it's not displaying but hearing... ;)

Last edited:

slash

Random Hero
Video - Jabo's Direct3D6 1.40J Audio - Jabo's DirectSound 1.40 Input - Jabo's DirectInput7 1.40

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
Okay... lost here... Well, got a suggestion though. Next time ya go to school and play it there, look over the settings and write them down for the "plugins" (tab) in "OPTIONS - SETTINGS" and the settings in > "OPTIONS - CONFIGURE GRAPHICS PLUGIN". What was done there may work also on your "Home" PC, for it may even be a different graphic plugin your using there... Another ideal - mess with the settings in the "GRAPHICS PLUGIN", try selecting "Rendering Device" to "Direct3D HAL" or another option if that don't work... Don't have the game, so hard for me to "perfect" it running wise... ;)

slash

Random Hero
uh...thanx and stuff, do you think it would work if i just brought the pj64 home on a flash drive?

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
A flash drive? Why, probably even better. ;) Won't have to worry about the settings or plug-ins... Sorry I'm not much of help, but the N64 is probably the most complicated emulator around, with its plug-ins that is. Even if you get the one from school, it might not work the same on your home PC. Who knows, but every computer works different with it. Hey - bring the PC home with you also, and you will really be set... Kidding of course... :p

Last edited:

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
if you have the newest version of pj64, its default plugin is one that wont work.(which is really odd,) but if you go to the plugin menu, and switch the graphics plugin to the other version of jabo's, then it should work