When will GC emulators be playable?

ArkadiyG

I tried using Dolphin a few months ago, and it was completely unusable (Core 2 Duo at 2.4GHz, 8800GT, and 2 GB RAM) with SSBM. I found out this was a common problem a bit later.

So when will they be usable, and why are they out now? Who has a super computer able to play it.

spotanjo3

Please edit it because ask when will GC emulators be playable will make game cube developer goes very slow or wont release it because ask when is a no no. Ok ? Do not ask! :)

ArkadiyG

What?

I'm amazed I got through all that nonsense.

I'm just asking when will they be usable, or if they are now, if a developer actually comes here, and gets offended by this one post just because I'm asking, then I don't think it was worth waiting for them anyway, because they are clearly stupid.

Leerz

Pinoy Ako!
then I don't think it was worth waiting for them anyway, because they are clearly stupid.

Try making one yourself and see how HARD it is to write.

they have their own lives, they dont come Coding all day,

if that's stupid for you, then I might say, a stupid post.

they are out now cos, they wanted to release it, cos it can RUN homebrews, for developers to test with.

oh yea,

They wanted to release it, and because they can release it.

to stop you whining, I suggest you just buy a console :)
that should keep us all happy :)

Cheers

-Leerz

Jale

I tried using Dolphin a few months ago, and it was completely unusable (Core 2 Duo at 2.4GHz, 8800GT, and 2 GB RAM) with SSBM. I found out this was a common problem a bit later.

So when will they be usable, and why are they out now? Who has a super computer able to play it.
When computers with Core 2 Duo / Quad and video cards get cheaper... or when new technology is available (processors with more cores and faster video cards) and when the developer optimizes the emulator itself.

Don't ask when. That's the kind of question developers don't like.

ArkadiyG

Try making one yourself and see how HARD it is to write.

they have their own lives, they dont come Coding all day,

if that's stupid for you, then I might say, a stupid post.

they are out now cos, they wanted to release it, cos it can RUN homebrews, for developers to test with.

oh yea,

They wanted to release it, and because they can release it.

to stop you whining, I suggest you just buy a console :)
that should keep us all happy :)

Cheers

-Leerz

You misread my post. The kind of developer that makes the software, and then doesn't release it because someone asked when is stupid. I appreciate the efforts of the people who code the emus we have, I'm just responding to that guy's post. Then again maybe you understand him better than I do and I misinterpreted something he said.

Anyway, so for now Dolphin is still unusable, right?

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Pretty much mate yes.

When dual cored processors and 64 bit OS's are the norm (prob another year or three) then better progress should be forthcoming in terms of playability and speed for GC, PS2 and X-Box emu's.