Xenogears Help. EpSXe problem

OmNiSLAsH726

Hello. I have a problem with xenogears. I have both 1.6 and 1.5.2 EpSXe. Good plugins petes, eternal , etc. Whenver i get into the battles sometimes it works fine at the general speed and sometimes it really slows down in the middle of a battle or even during the game when im running around. How do I fix this? aNd the biggest problem that I have is the memory card save states. I save my game in the memory files and when I reopen to play the game from where I ended last time, the save state is either gone, or the save state is there but, its the saved state before the current one I just saved on. I tried to save it on multiple open slots and that sometimes works and sometimes it doesnt. I dont kno how to fix this and if someoen can help me out that be great. This is problem on both 1.6 and 1.5.2 for me. And one final problem is on the 1.6. The problem si when I close out of the gmae after saving, the sound or music from the game keeps going even tho epSXe is exited which i find werid. IF ANYBODY CAN HELP ME OUT WITH THESE PROBLEMS PLEASE POST THANK YOU.

montpics

Hello. I have a problem with xenogears. I have both 1.6 and 1.5.2 EpSXe. Good plugins petes, eternal , etc. Whenver i get into the battles sometimes it works fine at the general speed and sometimes it really slows down in the middle of a battle or even during the game when im running around. How do I fix this?
Majorly depends on your PC specs (Graphic Card, CPU and RAM as those will determine the smooth of the game).

aNd the biggest problem that I have is the memory card save states. I save my game in the memory files and when I reopen to play the game from where I ended last time, the save state is either gone, or the save state is there but, its the saved state before the current one I just saved on. I tried to save it on multiple open slots and that sometimes works and sometimes it doesnt. I dont kno how to fix this and if someoen can help me out that be great. This is problem on both 1.6 and 1.5.2 for me.
That happens before on any games (not all). However I would suggest saving the game in both ways (memory card and save states).

And one final problem is on the 1.6. The problem si when I close out of the gmae after saving, the sound or music from the game keeps going even tho epSXe is exited which i find werid. IF ANYBODY CAN HELP ME OUT WITH THESE PROBLEMS PLEASE POST THANK YOU.
Open the 'Task Manager' (Using Ctrl-Alt-Del). Click on 'Processes' and look for 'Syncor.exe' or 'Conime.exe'. Then end the process of them by clicking on 'End Process'.

Note : Careful with it as it may cause your PC unstable if you pick the wrong one.)

spotanjo3

Good news about xenogears because i think this developer is a fan of this game but I am not sure... You can try Xebra since it's running fine. Try it.. If you don't know how then I will be glad to give you an instruction step by step. :)

OmNiSLAsH726

rockman forte. I have downloaded Xebra except I have no idea how to put this game in. And the save states i currently have also. So if u can explain the step by step process of xenogears on Xebra that be great.

spotanjo3

rockman forte. I have downloaded Xebra except I have no idea how to put this game in. And the save states i currently have also. So if u can explain the step by step process of xenogears on Xebra that be great.

Sure:

Launch Xebra.
1)Select File->Open->OS ROM Image...
2)open your bios image
3)Select File->Open->CD ROM via SPTI...
4)open any file on it
5)Select Run->Run2(1-pass)
6)After a short gap the game start
Steps 1) and 2) are only required for the first use.
Ciao.

P.S.: Example: Xenogears probably you can't see any files... no problems, make an ISO and:
3a)Select File->Open->CD ROM Image...
4a)open your image

ENJOY!

Last edited:

OmNiSLAsH726

Launch Xebra.
1)Select File->Open->OS ROM Image...
2)open your bios image
3)Select File->Open->CD ROM via SPTI...
4)open any file on it
5)Select Run->Run2(1-pass)
6)After a short gap the game start
Steps 1) and 2) are only required for the first use.
Ciao.

P.S.: Example: Xenogears probably you can't see any files... no problems, make an ISO and:
3a)Select File->Open->CD ROM Image...
4a)open your image

for number 3) what do u jmean by any file? u mean the memory card? or the iso image itself. for number 5) it says Run2(compile) not 1-pass
I also tried the 3a 4a but nothing happened. Am i missing something? I feel really stupid rite now.

spotanjo3

Just follow it. I posted it in other forum and many people thanks me for running it fine. You are not following it carefully.. Try again. You are not stupid.. Maybe you are in hurry. :)

OmNiSLAsH726

everyhting works fine. When i get to my memorycard i see my saved files but for some weird reason my buttons wont move to the left or right when i press left and right on the keyboard. (the keys work by the way) the buttons Left and right dont want to move for some reason.

OmNiSLAsH726

Xenogears is working very slow with Xebra. How do I fix the game speed and sound becuase it is incredibly laggy?

Last edited:

spotanjo3

Hmmm.. Let me think.....Yeah, did you try pSX 1.13 ? It is other emulator. I didn't try this emulator with your game but you can always try it. I did try this emulator with other games and it is pretty good but not the best emulator, thought. Feel free to try it. :)

http://psxemulator.gazaxian.com/

Last edited: