why no talk of 3d0?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I was just wondering, or maybe I dont see it. but there are no links to freed0 ( http://www.freedo.org/ ) or any 3d0 talk?

spotanjo3

The reason I didnt posted it before because the games sucks on 3D0 unless some people like you liked it then I will post it when it is release next but last released was on Jan 2007

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Hey rock man having a hard time translating that LOL, are you saying the emulator sucks or the games for 3d0 sucks? Because whether or not games are good or bad they still deserve a change. That would hardly be a reason not to mention the emulator? If you saying the emulator is just that bad then I gotcha ya;)

Last edited:

spotanjo3

I am sorry for poor sentence structure because I was in hurry.

Yeah, they still deserve a change but no, the games for 3D0 sucks. Sorry about that. ^-^;

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Ahh come now, that system was originally developed in 93, and revised in 94. Times mag gave it "Product of the Year"! LOL

Aside from being 700, anti 3rd party developer supported, and getting killed by Sony it was not bad...

Crash 'n Burn, was a head of its time, and gex rocked. Plus no other console system could play some of the titles like Myst and Out of This World. Only PC's could do that.. and they had the first home port of SSF 2 turbo!!

Granted it may not have been the best success but it is at least better the the Jag, and its on the list here .. you cant argue with that now.. Who could play that system.. the friggen controller was like a square shaped steering wheel. No other system would ever make a mistake like that again . *cough* XBOX I *cough*..

Last edited:

spotanjo3

Nah, 3D0 is not for some of us. I have seen some forums that most people are not fan of 3D0 expect Super Street Fighter II Turbo.

An unpopular 32-bit CD console from 1993. Originally made by Panasonic but other companies like Goldstar made them too. Graphics weren't too good. Didn't last long, roughly 1994/5.

Yeah, many games were not too good at all. So it's true that this system was horribly After Jaguar due to:

Jaguar
Atari's 64-bit console. Made in 1993, died around 1995. Very unpopular due to it's graphics being far more 16-bit than 64. Games, in a similar way to the N64, came on cartridge which probably didn't help matters. Games were controlled via a joypad that had three main buttons and around 13 option buttons. As you can imagine the pads were massive. Also had an even less popular CD add-on.

So both are horribly systems.

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Nah, 3D0 is not for some of us. I have seen some forums that most people are not fan of 3D0 expect Super Street Fighter II Turbo.

Yeah, many games were not too good at all. So it's true that this system was horribly After Jaguar due to:

Jaguar

So both are horribly systems.
- yet the jag emu gets mentioned and the 3do does not, I rest my point.