Cannot get Legends II to work.

Riorozen

Star Force God
I'm new with the emulator, the PSxe, or whatever, but... I followed all the instructions, and am having trouble. I'll be as explicit as possible. I recently downloaded the Megaman Legends II ISO. After configuring everything, I tried to run it. All of the cutscene sound, as well as the openning scene sound, was gone. After re-downloading it, and with continued testing, I am no closer. However, I have noticed that it doesn't affect the in game sound, and sometimes, after maybe a half-hour after I kill the emulator, I suddenly hear all the sound....
Any ideas? I mean seriously, I'm hearing it right now... but there is nothing up. Curiously, I opened up the sound debugger, at it registered absolutely zero as the game started up.
Curious.
Anyone who has any ideas, lay'em on me. I really like this game.
On another note, I'm using Vista basic, and after I try and run the emulator, my CPU usage jerks up to 100%, and, even after I exit it, it is still running as a process -- one time, I found seven emulator processes running, ALL AT THE SAME TIME.

Last edited:

phantom

You have to close the emulator by pressing the "esc" key and then closing it in the GUI. You have been closing it wrong. The way you are doing it causes it to crash and eat all CPU cycles.

Riorozen

Star Force God
Well, that solves one problem. Thanks for the info. A thing of note, I ran through the auto-config process, and it said, after I got to the CD config, that it couldn't run w~~~~dll. (Not the name, just the letter... I forget the rest!) Does it require a CD setup to play off a ISO?

Last edited:

montpics

'wnaspi32.dll' I believe. You can try to obtain it from HERE and place it on 'X:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\' if you are using WinXP.

spotanjo3

That's why it is annoying. Using the xebra run it beautiful and you don't need any like above mention. All you need is bios and you are all set to go. I am playing it in 1 minutes right away and everything's beautiful. That's why Xebra is the best for me. Highly recommend.