Epxse mem card help :(

Chronoless

Hi, im using epsxe to run ff9 and I cant seem to get the memory card saves to work :(.

When I save the game I get this eror : "Failed to save" but when I try to save it again, I see the spot where it said "Failed to save" taken. When I exit the emulator and restart the game and try to load the game from the memory card it says that there is no ff9 saved data :(.

I made only one save state not very far in the game and I really don't wanna use save states because I don't know If when I change discs I would be able to continue from that save state (p.s. I am playing it from my computer rather than the 4 dics :p no problems there)

So I really would like some help here, I don't think im doing anything wrong, I have epxse versions 1.6., 1.5.2 and 1.2. I really would
appreciate some help :(

Btw...if im playing the game from the computer (iso files, all 4 of them) and I used save states...when the game asks me to change dics...do I just choose iso file 2 and load the save state from there or Do i have to now put the game on cd's (4 cds) or can i just put the whole game on one cd (dvd blank) it would help loads if someone anwsered my questions...sorry for bothering...

Last edited:

montpics

Hi, im using epsxe to run ff9 and I cant seem to get the memory card saves to work :(.
Okay.....

When I save the game I get this eror : "Failed to save" but when I try to save it again, I see the spot where it said "Failed to save" taken. When I exit the emulator and restart the game and try to load the game from the memory card it says that there is no ff9 saved data :(.
Did you create memory card file yet (check 'memcard' folder and see if there's any)? If don't, try to use ePSXeCutor (a frontend for ePSXe) which is found from here.

>CLICK HERE!<

I made only one save state not very far in the game and I really don't wanna use save states because I don't know If when I change discs I would be able to continue from that save state (p.s. I am playing it from my computer rather than the 4 dics :p no problems there)
Advice : Don't depend more on save states than memory card.

Btw...if im playing the game from the computer (iso files, all 4 of them) and I used save states...when the game asks me to change dics...do I just choose iso file 2 and load the save state from there or Do i have to now put the game on cd's (4 cds) or can i just put the whole game on one cd (dvd blank) it would help loads if someone anwsered my questions...sorry for bothering...
Read above. Save it on a memory card once the game 1st disc ends. Then continue the game with Disc 2 by using memory card rather than save states.

Good luck!. :cool: