Difficulty with an ISO file (epsxe)

FreeTibetWhere?

I just downloade epsxe (the first one) and installed the drivers/bin. Now I searched for ages for Cardinal Syn on the net and finally found it yesterday (the storyline behind the characters impressed me eleven years ago). I can run the program but the opening cutscene and all the cutscenes in the game for that matter look fas tforworded (I'd say X2 or X4). Now the game-menu works fine but after I selected a mode, the battle mode in its self runs very slow (maybe 3 FPS or so) so it's unplayable. I'm running this on a new 2.86 core 2 duo with a decent graphic card, so my pc isn't at fault here. Anyone know what I can do to fix this, (not only the battle mode, but the cutscenes aswell, they are in fact even more important)? I'm using SPU eternal and Pete's GPU 2.08.

Edit: I just ran this on PSXeven and the fast forworded frame rate remains constant for the whole game (X2-X4 fast forworded), unlike epsxe where the frame rame decreases by 2-4X times in battle mode.

Last edited:

sonic springboard
Hey man try this.

open epsxe and go to config

choose your plugin, i recommend petes d3d driver 1.76 if your using a video card

once you have that plugin configure it and check the use frame limitation option.

hope this helps.

FreeTibetWhere?

I tried doing that and here's what happened after I checked FPS limit:

- The first cutscene at the beginning did slow down, but I still think it's a bit faster than normal (maybe around 1.5X now)
- The battle mode which was very slow as I mentioned is now fast but still slower than usual.

One more thing I forgot to mention, in epsxe I get no sound with the cutscenes, but it works fine in battlemode. PSXeven on the other hand does have sounds (sounds like it's 2-4X'd up though like I said) with the cutscenes. Now I assume this happens because the PSXeven has a different sound plugin. So which one should I use for epsxe then?

Now obviously, the ^^ steps improved the frame rate, but it's still not good enough, anything else I can try?

sonic springboard
Try checking the auto detect frame skipping limit aswell
also for sound use the eternal spu plugin 1.14 and make sure cdda and xa are enabled also bare in mind that some isos have information removed from them so there not so big, its important to find a good rip.

FreeTibetWhere?

Which one is spu 1.14 it wasn't on the dl page. link?

How do I enable cdda and xa?

I don't think anything was removed from this one, as it was a zipped 400+ MB archive. The ISO is 600+ MB's, and the extracted folder comes with the CCD too.

Also this might work better in PSXeven, like I said the incorporated sound plugin works better there; he only thing that needs to be done is the frame rate lowered.

FreeTibetWhere?

Ok nvm, I fixed it, I ran it into PSXeven with the incorporated graphic/sound/cd plugins and limited the frame rate. It works perfectly now, with the sound and movement intact. Ty, for the frame limit suggestion.