NullDC use burned iso's

villa_bryan

Hi, I have cd's that i burnt from iso's about 5 years ago, some of them are still good, i can't seem to get nulldc to boot from the cd's though.

so does anyone know the plugin i can get to use my actual dvd drive to boot these cd's, or what i can use to rip them to iso's

just to clarify, these are cd's not gd's

spotanjo3

Make sure the isos games must be selfboot before burn it on CDR then your dreamcast will be able to play selfboot games. :)

non selfboot which possible you have is why it wont run on your dreamcast. You must have those isos that already have selboots. Use the google to use the tool to selfboots your isos before burnt to CDR or you can use google.com to find dreamcast isos that already have selfboots.

villa_bryan

o no, most of them are self boot, and i used to use a boot cd but i'll look for that tool that makes them self boot

but what i'm asking is, how do i get NULLDC to boot the discs?

spotanjo3

o no, most of them are self boot, and i used to use a boot cd but i'll look for that tool that makes them self boot

but what i'm asking is, how do i get NULLDC to boot the discs?

I think NullDC can run either selfboot and nonboot games. You must have bios to run this emulator.

villa_bryan

i have the dc_boot.zip which has the flash and boot one

do i also need another one?

and is the audio just sound crappy on all games?

spotanjo3

i have the dc_boot.zip which has the flash and boot one

do i also need another one?

and is the audio just sound crappy on all games?

Unzip it and there are nulldc folder where is data folder and then there is data folder, you see ? Put them into data folder.

rename dc_Bios.bin to dc_Boot.bin

Make sure you know this:

Maybe you configured windows to hide extensions from "known file types".
Check the nullDC executable, is it named "nullDC" or "nullDC.exe"? If it's named "nullDC" then windows hides the extensions of known file types.
In that case you must name the files "dc_boot" and "dc_flash" (without the ".bin" extension).

dc_boot.bin should be 2 MB , dc_flash.bin should be 128KB

Now I get this dumb pop up. This application has failed to start because d3d9.dll was not found. Re- installing the application may fix this problem:

You will need to install directx!

ENJOY!