ePSXe reboots my computer

KillerWhiskey

Recently I had a lot of interest to play games I used to play on PSX several years ago.

So I obtained Thrill Kill and Bishi Bashi, two of my favorites, and found out ePSXe would be the best emulator available.

I downloaded ePSXe v1.6.0., and used the following configuration:

Video- Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.76
Sound- Eternal SPU Plugin 1.50
Cdrom- ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.5.2.
Bios- SCPH1001.BIN

The problem is that, some time after the game runs (it runs perfectly smooth for a short while... 5-15 minutes), my computer reboots without displaying any kind of an error message. I've tried many different driver combinations for ePSXe but all yield the same result. Both games are affected.

Does anyone know what might be causing this and how to correct it? Any feedback is greatly appreciated. If you require additional info I'll gladly give it to you.

Solis

hello KillerWhiskey,

I would try another emulator or a different version of epsxe. Try epsxe 1.52 and maybe peopsoft v1.17 since it's the most compatible gpu & i can't tell what's wrong with the epsxe version your using.

Last edited:

KillerWhiskey

Well, I have been reading about some cases with games not working under ePSXe 1.60, although they used to work under v1.52, so I tried this solution first. To my surprise, it did work, but background music was turned off at all times. So I tried pSX v1.12, just to see if it would work without putting too much effort before going with ePSXe again. Bishi Bashi worked great on that one, while Thrill Kill performed better on ePSXe.

Thank you both for the feedback.