KFusion, Gens both do not start

Photoz

Hi, I am trying to install a Genesis emulator on an older PC and KFusion and any of the Gens variants do not start. I double click the file and nothing happens. Waiting does nothing.

The computer is running XP Pro SP2 and is a 1.3Ghz Anthlon with 256mb of RAM and a Geforce MX200.

I am running them from the main administrator account and I can;t figure out why they won't start.

Photoz

Well, it's not the ROMs it's the programs themselves. That's what is not starting, the programs just don't start and nothing appears on screen.

Photoz

Sorry for not responding earlier. I have the latest version of DX installed. I also installed all Windows updates as well.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
On the face of it, I reckon its definitely hardware related. Perhaps you might want to try alternative drivers for the GPU.

Its a very old card and I'm not sure how compliant it is with current DX architecture. I would put reasonable money that thats where the issue is, either with the card itself or the drivers that are running it.

Try running it with 16 bit colours. I'm not sure if the Geforce MX's supported 32 bit colour and if thats what windows and the emulator are trying to output it might be the issue. Simply set your windows desktop to 16 bit colour and the emulator will run in that mode.

Also in the case of Fusion if you look inside the Fusion folder you will see a fusion.ini file.
If you open it and near the top will be a line called ForceCompatibleGX (or something). Set this value to '1'.

Last edited:

Photoz

The card runs fine in 32bit but I tried your suggestion but nothing changed. Fusion is just one file isn't it? It doesn't really install.

Roger

I got an error message the first time I started fusion. It told me to open an .ini file (which I can not find) and edit it. The error stated that It had no video output or something of the like. But I loaded up my genesis roms and so far no problems. So Have you "tried" to get the files to run?

montpics

I tried Kega Fusion (not the latest version) before and it ran fine after I click the Kega.exe file. (without any problems)

Did you run it through the CD?