Strange error when I run CD-ROM

Van Halen Man

Coolest person on earth.
Ok so when I try to run a cdrom with ePSXe 1.6 This strange error comes up that says this
The instruction at "0x00e450c" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "Read".
I used Xevens something pluggin and tried it with several others that were pete's and others. The plugins seem to be able to recognize the drive so I dont know why it dosnt work. Thankyou for your time.

gforce75

Cloud
Have you tested your emulator setup on another cpu or another drive. That might help you find your problem. If you have the same error on another cpu or drive, it has something to do with your setup. If not, then it may have issues with your drive. A few years back, I had an older Sony CD-ROM and PSX hated it and could never make a game work. If all fails, burn the ISO to your computer and use daemon-tools and have it run as a cd-emulation.

Van Halen Man

Coolest person on earth.
Ok, I know that the setup works. The reason I want to run the CD is because I have been playing FFVII and I made the Iso but there were a few disk read errors when it was making the iso and when I get to a certain part of the game the everything looks way wrong and then when I go to the next screen over the emulator has an error. I want to run the CD-rom on this computer but I can't get it to run the CD so I tried it on a different CPU that is in my room and is a bit older, and that is when the error comes up that I posted above. You could take a look here about my CD-ROM problems on this computer:http://forums.emulator-zone.com/showthread.php?t=9798&highlight=ePSXe
Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.

EDIT: Oh yeah and what did you mean by "another drive"?

Van Halen Man

Coolest person on earth.
Ok I have discovered that the error is not just from when I run cd-roms but also when ever I try to run an ISO. PLEASE help me.

montpics

.....I made the Iso but there were a few disk read errors when it was making the iso.....
Reading errors from the disc may have caused it. The least you can do is try to use other emulators. (At least skip the problem occured while playing with ePSXe.)