Two questions...

Takfloyd

1: Is there ANY way to make Ehrgeiz work perfectly on an emulator, sound and all? No matter what I try, either the sound or the video lags...

2: Anything I should know(emulation issues) before starting to play FF8 on pSX?

ubr

NPC GM Pilot
1: Is there ANY way to make Ehrgeiz work perfectly on an emulator, sound and all? No matter what I try, either the sound or the video lags...

This depend on your computer specs.

2: Anything I should know(emulation issues) before starting to play FF8 on pSX?

Use search on this forum.

Takfloyd

I have a laptop with an Intel chipset... it runs most games perfectly, but Ehrgeiz lags like hell(on ePSXe, pSX won't run it) and there's no music. As for FF8, I'm trying to avoid spoilers so I won't read any topics that might contain them. I just want to know if there are any game breaking glitches or anything.

ubr

NPC GM Pilot
I think you need to experiment with your epsxe plugins config. Read this thread for references. http://forums.emulator-zone.com/showthread.php?t=1140

If you want, find and try using VGS 1.41 xp patched , i know its old emulator but friendly config (no bios, no plugin), good compability and low spec requirement. If it good on it, then there's a chance it good too on epsxe or pSX (if have the right config).

Takfloyd

Nevermind, it worked when I set compatibility mode to Windows 95. But apparently that emulator won't run isos, only discs. I guess Daemon Tools is next then...

Takfloyd

Downloaded and used Daemon Tools along with the modchip fix to run Ehrgeiz... but the game freezes when the intro movie starts. What a waste of time...

Jale

Please, don't triple post. Use
edit.gif
next time.

ubr

NPC GM Pilot
vgs i used doesn't have to be set compability to win 95.
First, i execute the vgs then come come a windows saying that vgs cannot run on XP. Closed it.
Then i run the patch i got from here. http://www.aldostools.com/vgshighres.html (Extract it to the same folder with vgs)

Enable SAPU fix that make vgs can be used on xp.
Enable modchip fix
Enable P4 (if you're using it).
choose your desired resolution.
Then Run it.