how to use mamewah or other frontend programs to organise my emulator.NEW please help

detrius

:(Hi

Trying to figure out and find a good emulator front end like mamewah to organise my emulators.it keeps saying its not compatible with this program and to gte the updated,but it is the recent.
have seen some of the arcade emulators machines where it boots instantly to the program and would like to set my pc to do the same but finding it hard to understand how or which is the best site to expalin.everything else i can do.i,m running mame32 and various other console ems.tried mame using the command line version followed the instructons e.g. C:\mame and command but it says its not recognised as a internal or external command.

sorry went on a bit..hope somebody can put me in the right direction :confused:

thanks
Andy

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
You need to set up commandline mame properly first.

Presuming that Mame is installed in your C: drive you need to open a command prompt ('Start', 'Run' then type: cmd). This will open a command prompt on your desktop.

Then type: cd C:\mame [press enter]

Then type: mame -cc [press enter] (include the space between mame and -cc).

You have now created your mame.ini file and will be able to launch games from the commadline by typing: mame [romname] at the command prompt.

Note: If your mame folder is anywhere other than directly in the C: drive (C:\mame) then you need to adjust the path in the above step to reflect the location on your PC.

You can change any of the mame settings by opening the mame.ini file inside the mame folder. The options are all exactly the same as in Mame32 but are listed in this text file and turned on and off by entering '1' to turn a function on or '0' to turn a function off.

Setting up Mamewah is a little more complicated. It comes with an example ini for mame.
Your best bet is to download the latest beta from here, make sure you also download and install the system files from the same page, and you can get example ini files from here.

There's no comprehensive documentation for setting up mamewah so I would get commandline mame running first, then have a crack at Mamewah and post problems as you encounter them.
I have mamewah running with over 20 emulators and customs skins etc so we should be able to help you get up and running.

Last edited: