ROMs to console?

ch4in54w

[+ [ ] ::]
Sorry if this is either a dumb or an over-played question. Im by no means "new" to roms and emulators but I havent had the desire to actually experiment them. I just download and play and thats it..

I was curious is it possible to take a Rom on your PC and load it somehow on those cartridges that are blank (basically a memory card or something that fits in your gameboy??) and basically "burn" the rom onto that and be able to play it on your gameboy or whatever?

thanks, again sorry if its a stupid question.

datadayne

Sorry, we are not alloud to diccuss about roms or illegal materials her. But I will tell you that you can find that answer on google.

And it depends on what systeme you are talking about. *cough*ds*cough*

ch4in54w

ah sorry didnt realize it was taboo to discuss it.. i guess its the same for the guys on the DVD burning forums. my bad

Jale

As far as I know, the only thing not allowed is to talk about where to get those illegal materials. Correct me if I'm wrong.

ch4in54w

ah, check we CAN discuss how to do it, just not where to get roms from.. and thats cool I have plenty of them so no questions asked..

so back to my first question..

datadayne

if you have a ds, you can get something that transfers files like roms, programs such as a ds ipod a ds keyboared, a desktop (am I getting confusing?). You need something like a passme or flashcarts.

Zach

That's exactly what those devices were made to do. Don't you think your question kind of answers itself ? ;)

ch4in54w

That's exactly what those devices were made to do. Don't you think your question kind of answers itself ? ;)

well no so I wasnt sure if you can just slap a ROM on, toss it in your GBA and bam there ya go, or if you had to have an exact rip of the game or other support files etc... ya know?

like with a DVD.. a DVD isnt just a .mpg file.. its lots of .vob files, and sound etc.. just a logical question...

so how do you get DS roms on the DS? ive only found the GBA flash carts

Zach

Sorry, we are not alloud to diccuss about roms or illegal materials her. But I will tell you that you can find that answer on google.

And it depends on what systeme you are talking about. *cough*ds*cough*

You may want to actually read the rules before quoting them to people.

Jale

It works the same way for the DS, it can even boot GBA ROMs from it, but the only difference between a GBA flash cart and a DS flash cart is that you need a passkey, which is sort of a key to crack the DS.

Heck, I'm not even sure. I haven't owned one of those.

ch4in54w

so thats basically an external "mod chip" if you will for the DS to play backed up games? do you put the DS games on the GBA cart and the passkey in the DS slot?

hmm I need to find one of these..

datadayne

I have done it to my ds. But if you are not carefull, you can basicly turn your ds into a piece of brick.

You may want to actually read the rules before quoting them to people.

well, my brain told me that we were not alloud to talk about roms. It was just a simple human error of me.

Spellsong

Gray Mage
Sounds to me like that rule on the Xbox Scene fourms. They had to close my topic over asking about Romset compatibility for an Xbox emulator. It was FBAxxx not pro. Its not like someone is going to shut them down over it, sheesh.

Zach

People are afraid of everything these days, but don't bother to look up what's OK.. They just clamp down on everything while trying to maintain the illusion their site is so important it can't afford to piss off some big company and get shut down.

My magazine is 100% legal, but someone could come along and claim I am promoting piracy and enabling people to commit illegal acts, by talking about emulation related stuff and in some cases showing or telling how to use stuff

Last edited:

datadayne

People are afraid of everything these days, but don't bother to look up what's OK.. They just clamp down on everything while trying to maintain the illusion their site is so important it can't afford to piss off some big company and get shut down.

My magazine is 100% legal, but someone could come along and claim I am promoting piracy and enabling people to commit illegal acts, by talking about emulation related stuff and in some cases showing or telling how to use stuff

Ahh, ok. I get it. I made a mistake. My bad. Lets get back to the topic.

ch4in54w

agreed, so how would I go about getting DS games on my ds? also with those flash carts for GBA, can you put more than one rom on them and run them? basically have software on there that will boot the game of choice? do I need a separate emulator for this? wheres the cheapest place to find these?

also how about DS-Extreme? holds 4gb would I be able to throw some DS roms on there and they will boot right up?

Last edited:

alexxi

back from hell
mmhhh.......is there a way to transfer a gba game with a saved file(game.sav) from VBA to a flash cart and would the saved file work on the GBA???