Internet Explorer

Kelvin742

When I use Internet Explorer, sometimes a window pops up saying there's a problem and I need to send an error report. It has happened numerous times today, how do I fix this? I already uninstalled and reinstalled IE and that didn't work.

Fable

Urban Ninja
Be more specific...

Kelvin742

I would say that it is an add-on. But before I offer any help you need to give us more information.

What Operating System? Which Version of IE? What sites are crashing? What are you doing at the time of the crash?

I use IE 7. It happens sometimes when I'm looking at sites with a lot of pictures like Myspace. I get a sysfader.exe error, which doesn't happen as much now, but now I get a iexplore.exe application error saying something like "the instruction ar 0x00141317 referenced memory at 0x73b4e365." I click OK and IE closes.

Kick that internet explorer and remember the sentence : "One time Mozilla , always Mozilla" ;) Got that?

Spellsong

Gray Mage
Opera is god alwfully underrated. Get that instead, and it uses less memory. Anyway. What is causing that I have no idea. Wait a sec! Are you by chance using IE7. That program is buggy.

Last edited:

Kelvin742

Yes, I'm using IE7. Btw, I have to retype my username and password on this site a couple of times, this never happened before. I want to switch to a different browser now. Which one should I use?

Last edited:

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
Alot would say Firefox but you should also consider Safari.

It is still in beta so its not recommended for every day use. But it does perform better than all other major browsers out there on the benchmark tests.

ubr

NPC GM Pilot
IE<Opera<Firefox :)

I heard there is Firefox clone named like Ice"something". Anybody know what is this ?

Ryanfaescotland

I'm running Vista with IE7 and have recently started getting problems too. I don't have the option of reporting my errors though I just get told IE has to close/restart and it does so, quite strange.

Not looking for any help though I'm changing to Post It notes for my posts so if I could just have a list of where all your fridges are for future posts....

Ain't heard of Ice-anything ubr but heard good things about FireFox.

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
Iceweasel

Which is basically a fork of Firefox that is completly free and open source.

Firefox is free and open source but when you download the binary (.exe) from mozilla or where ever, you also download additional programs with it that aren't open source. So although Firefox is free its not completely free and open source software (FOSS).

Iceweasel is basically Firefox without the additional programs, which makes it 100% free and open source.