NO$GBA 2.4b released!

GHDpro

Administrator
Staff member
A new version of the Gameboy Advance / Nintendo DS emulator NO$GBA has been released. This release adds basic DS Wifi emulation and full GBA e-Reader emulation. Here is the full list of changes:
- ereader/demo's: uploaded ereader.zip (with magicflr, rotris, camera, bombswp)
- nds/sound: bugfix: fixed snd crash on mul1.5 speed (thanks Giuseppe Marletta)
- bios-clone: bugfix: gba/nds intrwait set IME=1 (eg. japanese/original ereader)
- ereader/a22i: vpk compression, good tree values, auto-method1/0 for gba/nes
- ereader/emu: automatically loads next strip, automatically extracts red-layer
- ereader/emu: supports homebrew 300dpi .bmp's and scanned 1200dpi .jpg's
- ereader/emu: emulates ereader hardware (requires ereader bios/bmp/jpg files)
- ereader/a22i: new .ereader and .title directive, handles .import'ed .nes roms
- ereader/help: added verify/create error correction (thanks Simon Rockliff)
- ereader/help: added dotcode, data, program, vpk chapters (thanks Damien Good)
- ereader/help: rev'ed PGA I/O ports, camera SIO ports, address bar encryption
- debug: shows "BiosSwi/IrqHandler" labels also for ARM9 (with offset FFFF0000h)
- bios/help: corrected bios-swi huffman description and added an example to it
- bios: improved bios-swi huffman decoder (straighter, smaller, and faster)
- xed: fixed occasional crashes on ctrl,k+n (missing reform in toggle_blocktype)
- wifi: emulates microsecond counter read/change/start/stop
- wifi: emulates data transfer from local txbuf to rxbuf of remote console(s)
- wifi/help: added chapters on the various ieee802.11b frame (=packet) formats
- wifi/help: added notes on multiboot beacons (and multicart/pictochat beacons)
- wifi/help: added notes on transfer completion flags in txbuf_loc registers
- wifi/help: added new values in hardware headers chapter, added unknown chapter
- wifi/help: added a lot of new bits and registers in transmit control chapter
- wifi/help: marked all "unused" registers as w_internal (=not used by firmware)
- wifi: emulates ie/if registers, emulates pending powerforce with powerack
- wifi/debug: displays wifi registers (and current channel) in I/O map window
- wifi/help: added chapters on ieee802.11 frames, renamed rxbuf/txbuf registers
- wifi: fixed rf write, emulates powerforce=8001h (over the hedge)
You can download this new version here.

ubr

NPC GM Pilot
Just playing Pokemon Emerald recently and properly using no$gba2.4b :confused:

Is there any trouble when playing PE on no$gba ? tell me :), because i don't like playing not until finished / halfway through.

Last edited:

ubr

NPC GM Pilot
Im using FLASH 512 kb save type and it work. currently i'm on 3rd town and just meet player dad and wally.

lantyem

im so confused....
anyways,
when saving,
do you use the save snapshot from no$gba,
or the normal ingame save of pokemon?

acetone

I have a question. Does the effect of "inserting a GBA game into the DS slot" work for the no$gba? For instance, some pokemon can be caught only when pokemon Emerald is inserted into the DS slot. There is a "SLOT" folder when I installed no$gba. If I were to put a pokemon emerald rom into that "SLOT" folder, will I be able to catch those pokemon that can be caught only when GBA games are inserted into the slot?

spotanjo3

Is there anyway at all to connect with WiFi?

Why can't you read the changelog or at no$gba's link ? NO. It is very important to read the changelog or his link before you ask the question. :)

(*) no$gba/wifi can send/receive packets, commercial programs are still getting stuck somewhere in transmission. For example, with pictochat, slave machine(s) are realizing when a master machine is creating a chat room, but the slaves aren't sending response packets to the master. Probably due to some still undiscovered status/control bits. I've added a bunch of new info about wifi hardware in no$gba help text (debug version). Additional info on the missing bits and bytes would be very welcome!

Lazu90

Multiplay

Im tyring to play two pokemon games same time and im doing all the right things what How To Use Multiplay says. But when i press lin and another time link notjing happens.. only one rolls, other one is still empty.. anyone knows how to solve this problem? ;)

Agita3000

NO$GBA 2.4c released!

When I played NDS games with 2.4a, and it worked properly, but when I wanted to Start 2.4b, or 2.4c, it said in the beginning: "DATA load error. Reinsert card." It says every time when I am about to start any NDS games... So my question is;
How can I make the emu run my NDS games?
Please help! I really want to play with this new release...

spotanjo3

Re: NO$GBA 2.4c released!

When I played NDS games with 2.4a, and it worked properly, but when I wanted to Start 2.4b, or 2.4c, it said in the beginning: "DATA load error. Reinsert card." It says every time when I am about to start any NDS games... So my question is;
How can I make the emu run my NDS games?
Please help! I really want to play with this new release...

Yes, load your nds rom then go to OPTION in no$gba and click Emulation set up and you will see NDS Cartridge Backup Media: here:

loo.jpg

After you select the save card then go to OPTION again then click SAVE OPTION and click FILE and click RESET CARTRIDGE and you are ready to go but if your game didnt accept this card then go back and change the correct card and follow the instruction to save again and reset cartridge every time, ok ?:)

Agita3000

Thanx for the help! it is working now^^ I am a GREAT Advance Wars fan, so I want to play with AW3 on NDS the most^^

spotanjo3

You're welcome. Remember, this emulator is still in development so it is not perfect at the most games... not yet. :)

Oahgneg

Yep, it's me.
Re: NO$GBA 2.4c released!

Yes, load your nds rom then go to OPTION in no$gba and click Emulation set up and you will see NDS Cartridge Backup Media: here:

loo.jpg

After you select the save card then go to OPTION again then click SAVE OPTION and click FILE and click RESET CARTRIDGE and you are ready to go but if your game didnt accept this card then go back and change the correct card and follow the instruction to save again and reset cartridge every time, ok ?:)

How do i get to the OPTION menu? Running NO$GBA 2.4c goes straight to Insert Cartridge & if I load a nds rom it says Cartridge not found then closes. If I click cancel it just closes the emulator.