I hope this fits here, but a question for people that use there TV as a PC monitor.

Ryanfaescotland

Really don't care about how the desktop looks on the TV just the emulated games (Snes, MD, PS1) and since they're made for normal TV I take it they'll look fine.

Zach

Yeah games will look fine.. The point of my post was to counter something said that simply wasn't accurate

Spellsong

Gray Mage
I have personally seen the difference between S-Video and RCA and let me tell you it is night and DAY. S-video is flat out better all around. You will never get your desktop looking great when using either unless you stick the desktop in 640x480 or something (you need component cables and an HDTV for higher resolutions, which I have and it is pretty nice) but in terms of overall picture quality, it is there. Especially on older TV's. It can mean the difference between unreadable and readable text at distance.

Yeah games will look fine.. The point of my post was to counter something said that simply wasn't accurate

What that was my point. I guess I was not clear enough. I was talking about the emulator quality on a non S-video TV. We all know the text is not going to be great.

Last edited:

Ryanfaescotland

Wouldn't waste your time Spellsong, I doubt she'll be back.

Zach

Tacking on a URL in your sig to promote a site is considered spam, especially among folks who post a couple times and don't come back. It's nothing new and has happened over the years frequently

gforce75

Cloud
As butters stated, enable interlaced mode because the pixels freshes themselves much better.

Ryanfaescotland

Finally went and got one and it is amazing! Ain't tried any games yet but watched a couple of downloaded tv shows and some YouTube and it is well* better. I use a laptop so you need to angle it right to get a proper picture which can be a pain for in bed** so use of the tv is great!

* was going to say infanittly better but not sure of the spelling and also read The Curious Incedent of The Dog in The Nighttime which made me think better of it since really it can't be infanitly better.

**No I'm not on about masturbating get your head out of the gutter.

Spellsong

Gray Mage
I like how I can watch my DVDs on my computer, and I don't have to turn on the TV, and load up some DVD player (Xbox is a crap DVD player, and my I don't feel like turning on my PS2 all the time to play a DVD as well), and all that. I can even watch video files in fullscreen on TV, and at the same time, do what I usually do on the computer as if its just on TV. I love it.

Last edited: