SSF runs in wrong resolution and drives me nuts

gootie07

I am trying to run SSF on a new system and this one problem is driving me nuts.

When I go to fullscreen, the resolution is always sets to 1280x1020 and the Sega screen only takes a small region in the center of the screen. I think the problem may have something to do with Windows Vista or the geforce 8800 GTS.

:confused:

Either the program should switch the resolution to 640x480, or the image should be stretched to fullscreen when it runs at 1280x1020, neither of these things happen. Does anyone have a fix for this. It doesn't help if I change the desktop resolution, or force it to run at 640x480 in the compatibility properties of the shortcut, still goes to 1280x1020. Please help.

G

System

Intel Duo core 2.4 GHZ
Geforce 8800 GTS
Samsung 19 inch 940 BX monitor (Max Res 1280 x 1020)
Windows Vista
SSF newest version

sonic springboard
To get the full screen resolution hold alt and press enter :) i beleive that is the best full screen available well it is for me anyway :(

Last edited:

gootie07

Of course I tried ALT-Enter. But with the resolution at 1280x1020, the game only takes up a small box in the center of the screen surrounded by a huge black border.

sonic springboard
Well im not egsactly fully farmilliar with ssf alpha myself infact i only got it workin myself a day ago but it may have somethin to do with your graphics card have you checked the resolution through a tv set or somethin? I know that when i played a game through my monitor there was a black border but the screen in the center wasnt small and when i hooked it up to my tv it was full.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Try selecting 'option' from the toolbar, then 'options' then 'screen' then deselect 'enforce aspect ratio'.
Save and shut down the emulator, restart and the game should fill the screen using alt-enter.

gootie07

Try selecting 'option' from the toolbar, then 'options' then 'screen' then deselect 'enforce aspect ratio'.
Save and shut down the emulator, restart and the game should fill the screen using alt-enter.

Thanks, but I tried that a long time ago and it makes no difference. :( I think the problem is from Vista or Geforce 8800. Can anyone with this combination run SSF properly?

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Aaaah the joys of Vista.

Might be a no-brainer but have you tried running SSF in compatibility mode for XP?.

gootie07

YEAY! With the newest Nvidia ForceWare driver (163.44, 8-20-07) the game now goes to fullscreen! Any others with the problem update to these new drivers.