Good Interview coming up

Zach

There will be an Interview with the CEO of Console Classix, as well as a review of the game rental service, in the next Issue of OSG.

It's going to be a good piece for those who following copyright law concerning ROMS. Some pretty clear answers will be given.

sonic springboard
What are the legal conditions conserning use of roms? I kno this is a very grey area and i myself am not 100% sure. I wont ask much questions here because this issue hasnt been cleared up yet but if a company decides to take action what is the likley outcome?

Zach

I don't want to say much because I don't want to spoil the article, however I can say this much.

Their business model appears to be legal (there is no precedent setting case yet) and they were contacted by Nintendo as well as I the ESA, with cease and desist letters, however they replied to both explaining how they did business and why they believed they are not infringing anyones copyrights, and they haven't heard back from either party since.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
I'm looking forward to the next issue, Zach!
I'm curious about the answers, since I have read far too many threads about legality.