SSF + Shining Force III premium disc

TerraX

Okay, I've been having problems running Shining force 3 using the latest SSF_008_alpha_R10 emulator, I've correctly configured the emulator, selected the appropriate BIOS file and the region. I've mounted the image using Daemon tools, selected the GENERIC drive in SSF, etc. So I start up SSF...

it shows the saturn splash screen ok, but then invariably it dumps me back to the BIOS menu (the music CD playing menu.) I open and close the drive using SSF's menu, the screen displays "Checking disc..." then nothing happens except the ability to play track 2 of the disc.

Now, I know the disc is not the problem, I can play Shining Force III via daemon tools mounted image (with glitches, etc) using Cassini/satourne with any bios file. However I'd prefer to use SSF to play it as it apparently fixes some S Force 3 issues - the messed up text for one.

So to summarise, the mounted image just isn't working with SSF - or to be more precise though, it just isn't acknowledging the data track 1 on the mounted disc. I've tried different bios files + tried altering the Region settings (closing + reopening SSF each time i make a change.)

Can anyone shed any light as to why this problem occurs and how to fix it?

thanks in advance

Zach

The only thing I could think of is that it has more strict checks than other emulators (this is only a guess) and something might not be "right" with the disc image.

Have you tried other games with SSF yet?

Last edited:

max_evan

Hi, I am trying to emulate shining force 3 scenario 1 on the ssf and encountered the same problem with the music menu, playing a 8sec clip.
Where does the problem lie then ?