Pokemon Stadium Info

Overvolt

Hey, I just registered :X

I've been playing emulated Pokemon Red/Blue on VBA1.7.2 for a couple days now. I have a couple questions as to what does and doesn't work with Pokemon Stadium. I managed to get the transfer paks working correctly with blue/red but it doesn't recognize my saved game with yellow yet.(P64, Nrage, both latest versions) I'll try going a bit further in the game and seeing if it can identify it.(I played yellow for ~5min)

Anyway, my questions are:

1) Can I trade pokemone via the pokemon lab in Poke stadium. (So, for instance I don't waste my time training a kadabra only to have it be useless because I can't evolve it)

2) Will Yellow ever work with the transfer pak?

3) Will Red/Blue/Yellow work with Pokemon Stadium 2?

4) Is there any way to play GBC Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow/etc at 2x or 3x speed? Any emulators that can do this? Or settings I can tinker with? It runs smoothly, at 100%. When I used the speedup options it runs at 50x speed, which is simply too fast.

Thanks! :D

Last edited:

Overvolt

Yay! Butters! :)

I did read through the entire thread actually. I'm using N-Rage1.82a, and VBA 1.8.0 Beta.

Using Yellow on Stadium1:

I Suppose this is my main problem. Should I try different Roms? That would seem to be the only variable as to why Stadium won't recognize my Yellow save games. Blue is recognized fine. (I would rather play through yellow though, its much prettier :))

As for the 200% Gamespeed:

I found out that you can use the "customize" option in VBA to change the throttle smoothly with hotkey binds. Since the sound gets messed up its best to turn off.

Trading pokemon:

If I had to, I could use VBA unofficial Link version(this will need more tinkering I guess :(). Will the Stadium Trade-Thing work? Or will it crash out(unsupported) like GB Tower/Pokedex. Haven't been able to get Yellow to work and test the trade function.

Any Ideas?

Last edited:

fox152236

i can answer one of your questions, cause ive had this kind of exp with this :)okay i cant get yellow versoin working either, sry. but you CAN trade in the lab on pkmn stadium, wether the pkmn evolve or not i do not know. sry. i hope i help a little.