Chrono Cross on Amphetamines

UNOxDExELLOS

Put simply, the game is running extremely fast. How do I limit the speed?

EDIT: Okay fixed the problem. I'm using P.E.Op.S. GPU and the epsxe core for sound. All I did was click the configuration for the "Nice" setting instead of "Fast", go figure :p

But now I ran into another problem. I'm playing Chrono Cross off a CD, the introduction is just beautiful, runs smoothly (there was only 1 small hiccup in the beginning), and the sound is gorgeous. The problem is that after the title screen, I click new game, then set my vibration function, and afterwards it justs freezes at a black screen. Any recommendations? Maybe a new plug-in?

EDIT2:After waiting a minute or two for the title screen to fade away to demo mode, I noticed that the speed is about twice as fast as it should be, and the music follows right along with it. Only during gameplay is the speed enhanced, not during the introduction video and, my guess, during cutscenes.

Last edited:

Solis

Hello UNOxDExELLOS,

Did You check the Sticky: !!!What to do when games run too fast!!! on the
very top of the Sony Emulation & Games ????

UNOxDExELLOS

Did You check the Sticky: !!!What to do when games run too fast!!! on the very top of the Sony Emulation & Games ????

Yes I did. I already tried limiting the frame rate, and it accomplished nothing.:(

More importantly, the game will not start; it simply freezes at a black screen after setting my vibration function on or off.

DarkSide

why dont you play on 1.52 it runs pretty sweet with that one, after playing legend of dragoon i lost the respect for chrono cross..

montpics

1.52 of what? Do you know what emulator I'm using? It's ePSXe v. 1.6.0
Actually you can run Chrono Cross game with ePSXe v1.6.0.

1. Make a shortcut of ePSXe.exe
2. Click on properties from ePSXe.lnk (actually a shortcut file)
3. Look for Target which is typed "C:\...\ePSXe.exe"
4. Type -noauto by the end of command line in which should be like this.

"C:\...\ePSXe.exe" -noauto

5. After that click apply.

Then you should have no problem with it. ;)

Another note, you people should read the readme file or help file which is included with ePSXe program as it contained some important notes on how to solve some problems on certain games.

That's all for now. :cool: