No Sound or Intro Theme for Sonic CD

UNOxDExELLOS

Hello, I'm new here at emulator-zone, so thanks for taking time to hear me out :)

Anyway, I'm using Kega Fusion 3.51 and the BG music won't play for the start screen or the levels, and the cool little cartoony-like introduction is just absent. I have the ISO, the mp3 sounds, and another file that says
"SonicMp3's.sfv"

The sound effects work just fine, like Sonic's boing jump, the jingle of the rings when he collects them, ect., and the video is normal too, but the background music is missing. Any ideas?

- - Thanks again

EDIT: The map screen that shows before you start a level is also absent.

Last edited:

Zach

I can't recall off the top of my head of Fusion has MP3 support but I have a feeling it does because I recall discussing it with the programmer.

At any rate, it could be any number of reasons from the Track being the wrong length to file placement. The reason you hear in-game sounds is because they are physically part of the game data, whereas the music is being called from a location on disc, outside of the actual game binary.

I don't know too much about MP3 issues though, but someone around here probably does.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
Fusion has MP3 support. You should name the MP3 in the same way as the ISO, just with the addition of 02. F.e. Sonic.iso and Sonic 02.mp3. It's a while ago that I have done this, since I don't use ISO+MP3 anymore. If this doesn't work, the correct way should be in Fusion's documentation.

UNOxDExELLOS

Thanks, alcoatjez, music now works! Now I just have to adjust some of the tracks because they are mismatched with the stages...

However, there is still no introduction sequence and the loading screen before a stage (the one where it shows Sonic's world I'm guessing) isn't there either...Is this a problem with the ISO or am I missing some files?

EDIT: I found out that you have to wait a while before the introduction sequence begins :p
but there is still no loading screen. Doesn't matter much to me though, at least now I can play my game with music! Thanks again, alcoatjez!

Last edited: