what street fighter is this

setablazebyyou

i do have a 2nd hardrive where i could install xp. think that would work? ive never done anything like that before. i just got a new laptop that has vista. would there be a fix anytime soon you think?

setablazebyyou

i really appreciate all your help...but still no sound. never had this much trouble before, but thats what i get for getting a new OS. was there anything else you can think of to try? i unzipped the files to overwrite the others but its a no go. the game does work less glitchey, but no sound at all...let me know if there is anything else you need. :bow:

ps - whats that adding stages quickly vid for? just to let people know how to add their own characters???

Last edited:

ChouZangetsu

i really appreciate all your help...but still no sound. never had this much trouble before, but thats what i get for getting a new OS. was there anything else you can think of to try? i unzipped the files to overwrite the others but its a no go. the game does work less glitchey, but no sound at all...let me know if there is anything else you need. :bow:

ps - whats that adding stages quickly vid for? just to let people know how to add their own characters???

Oh, man. I don't know what the problem is. I'll figure something out.

As for that vid, that's the method I use. You can add hundreds of characters to a clean select.def in minutes if you do it like that.

May I offer an idea?If you are so good , please , just port SF3 3rd strike characters and make the game to be ABSOLUTELY the same :) shouldn`t be a problem for you.Then do the same with Capcom VS SNK2 and I can say that you are about to work at CPS ZERO (probably ;) )

P.S. If not ... you`ll atleast get a lot of regards , thanx and blessings :) Guess it`s worthy , huh?

ChouZangetsu

May I offer an idea?If you are so good , please , just port SF3 3rd strike characters and make the game to be ABSOLUTELY the same :) shouldn`t be a problem for you.Then do the same with Capcom VS SNK2 and I can say that you are about to work at CPS ZERO (probably ;) )

Heyyyyyy, that's a good idea although I'm not really that good at all.

As for Capcom vs SNK 2. That could take a while.

It won't be "exact" but it will be pretty darn close!

Last edited:

ChouZangetsu

I know there are a lot of people out there who can't wait for CPS3 to be fully emulated (like me).

But, hopefully this game will help ease your pain as you wait for that faitful day to come…

I might have it done in about 2 or 3 days. We'll see.

I'm still working on the life bars, power bars, and some other stuff.

All the music and audio’s already in 100%.

All right. This project is officially under way! Updated screen shots:

screenhunter001mi7.gif

screenhunter002ws7.gif

screenhunter003lz0.gif

screenhunter006qh7.gif

screenhunter007nv6.gif

screenhunter008mv9.gif

screenhunter009rm1.gif

screenhunter010rw8.gif

screenhunter012tg8.gif

Last edited:

ChouZangetsu

I'm still having some trouble setting up the stage select menu correctly. The stage select pic shows the wrong picture for each stage.

100% complete..... o_O

screenhunter001yd0.gif

screenhunter004wa2.gif

screenhunter002ia3.gif

screenhunter007dt0.gif

screenhunter012lw1.gif

screenhunter013tu1.gif

screenhunter017jw9.gif

screenhunter019oi8.gif

screenhunter020rv8.gif

screenhunter021bv8.gif

screenhunter023qi4.gif

screenhunter010da5.gif

screenhunter002bj6.gif

screenhunter018xx8.gif

screenhunter027fe1.gif

First off, you can easily choose which sound plugin you want to use.

There are three .rar files in there: dj-van, in_mad, and inmp3pro. Just right-click the one you want to use and pick "extract here" overwriting your current mugen.cfg. And that's it.

By default, in_mad.dll is currently set as your sound plugin to use.

DJ-VAN.dll Sound Plugin: Hardly ever plays the title screen and versus screen music and usually plays the battle music. But the music almost never stutters with full sound hardware acceleration.

IN_MAD.dll Sound Plugin: Usually plays title screen, versus screen and almost always plays the battle music. Might stutter a bit at times. If it does, you can fix it by lowering your sound hardware acceleration by one or two levels (or how many it might take to fix the stuttering).

IN_MP3PRO.dll Sound Plugin: Always plays title screen and versus music and almost always plays the battle music. Stutters a lot unless you completely turn off your sound hardware acceleration.

To lower or turn off your sound hardware acceleration (Windows XP DirectX up to 9.0c) go to Start > Run > type in dxdiag and press Enter > click the sound tab > under where it says
"DirectX Features", you are able to lower your sound hardware acceleration.

Bugs:

- Stage select menu shows the wrong picture for each stage. Use random.

- Oro doesn't have any sound effects and Ibuki is missing a few.

Besides that. Everything else is in there and working properly.

You will fight Urien then Gill after you've beaten everybody else.

Last edited:
Hey dude,you are cool!You are about to remake the 3rd Strike!Well I think you can add few more special effects...the ones you took from Marvel Vs Street Fighter are cool...Somehow I`ve never liked the "hit effects" in 3rd strike...But I see you are getting closer to remaking the SF III 3rd...And when you are ready can you tell us from where to get it and how to install it? :)

P.S. Great job...really :)

ChouZangetsu

http://hosted.filefront.com/ChouZangetsu

I can't do anything about the hit effects. You will just have to bare with it until the real one comes out soon...

And when you are ready can you tell us from where to get it and how to install it? :)

You don't install it. Just install 7-zip, download the game, extract it, and play it by clicking on the SFIII 3rd Strike.exe.

Last edited:
OMG! You`ve done a great job here!It`s almost the same as the arcade!At the moment I am typing here I am playing it on my win pc and I have to admit that you`ve did a great job!The controller is workig,the sound is the same,the terrains are the same...I am very very hapy to play it :)And if you patch some stuff I am 100% sure that CPSIII emulator will be pointless :D
1.Patch Ryu - man ... this Ryu is tough!
2.Super Art selection - there are all of the supers :) not bad ... but unfair :D

Otherwise - GREAT JOB BUDDY !

ChouZangetsu

1.Patch Ryu - man ... this Ryu is tough!
2.Super Art selection - there are all of the supers :) not bad ... but unfair :D

Otherwise - GREAT JOB BUDDY ![/QUOTE]

Thanks. :D But the real one is going to be better.

#1: Unfortunately, I don't know how to patch Ryu because I didn't make him. So, I really don't have a clue what to edit. Lower the difficulty?

#2: Can't do anything about that either. :p

Last mugen pics (with Capcom vs SNK 2 lifebars and announcer):

screenhunter008bm3.gif

screenhunter010xr1.gif

screenhunter014ik3.gif

screenhunter015mv1.gif

screenhunter004gh9.gif

screenhunter005eg4.gif

screenhunter002eo6.gif

Last edited:

setablazebyyou

who were thos other last characters, are they in the latest mugen? any word on that sound fix yet? i tried playing with it and can't seem to discover anything helpful. we really do appreciate all your help...thanks!

ChouZangetsu

who were thos other last characters, are they in the latest mugen? any word on that sound fix yet? i tried playing with it and can't seem to discover anything helpful. we really do appreciate all your help...thanks!

From fist of the North Star:

First pic from left to right: Raoh and Kenshiro
Second pic from left to right: Jagi and Toki
Third pic (from Shaman King): Yoh and Len Tao

Yeah, they're in the last one.

Still looking into the sound issue.

Not sure what all this means but you might.

- Turn off Aero

- Disable UAC

- Not enough RAM.

- Right click on the select.def and uncheck the "readonly" checkbox if it is checked. It shouldn't be.

- Check your playback devices? Make sure they're running ok, and make sure there isn’t an incompatible sound driver installed... Vista disables incompatible drivers.

If you do not have enough RAM and are using Windows Vista, Vista will not play the sound.

This makes sense because the newer version you downloaded had
a ton of extra characters and therefore required more RAM.

But let's hope that's not the issue.

What are your PC specs?

Last edited:

setablazebyyou

i have 2 gigs of ram...dont think that's the issue. its a toshiba satellite a135
intel core 2 t5500 @ 1.66 GHz
2038mb ram
32 operating syst
windows vista ultimate

got that from my comp properties. not sure what else to do. no one else has this problem? ill try a few things on that list, but not sure what a couple of thos are...:(

setablazebyyou

think i deleted it. did you have an old copy? maybe ill just add everyone to that one if possible, or just start with a new mugen from scratch with your screen pack.

ChouZangetsu

K, hold on. I'll remake one real quick with like one character in it and a stage, you try it and see if it has any sound.

Gimmie a few mins. Try that test.rar.

http://hosted.filefront.com/ChouZangetsu

If you get any sound with that one then take out the mugen.cfg from the data folder and put it in the latest one.

That should do it.

Last edited: