what street fighter is this

setablazebyyou

:Di tired the difficulty setting, but still get it prison style from a lot of opponnentss. man, i must really suck:confused:. i have a few chars, but don't know where to upload them. some are pretty good. ill try to compile a list and let me know which ones you want.

Rekka79

Ninja Wiv Nook
Hi there peoples, I'm new to this site and originally signed up because i needed info on getting killer instinct to work on mame32 (Those elusive bloody chd's!!!:mad:) but then i came across this thread and decided to read a few posts. As i am a mad 2d-fighter fan from back in the "SF2: the world warrior" days when it was the hottest thing in the world of coin ops I'm not easily impressed. I saw the screenshots for this game "Mugen Hardcore" and i'm sold;) i'm in the process of downloading it. I've played alot of 2d fighters (pretty much all the ones worth playing) and this one looks like.... well from what i can gather it looks like all of those games combined and then some!!! i can't wait to play it. A Huge thumbs up from me and my crew here in Aus. Can u tell me something? how many hours do u reckon has been spent putting this thing together?
anyway, from Lotek ltd. Australia, we salute you!!! :bow::bow::bow:

P.s. I do have a question, what exactly are the chd files and why don't all games need them?? also my apologies if this post isn't in the right place, this's the 1st forum i've ever used:happy:

ChouZangetsu

Can u tell me something? how many hours do u reckon has been spent putting this thing together?

Lots! But we work on this in our spare time. It's still a bit buggy, has some sound issues, and crashes every now and then but we're working on it.

P.s. I do have a question, what exactly are the chd files and why don't all games need them?? also my apologies if this post isn't in the right place, this's the 1st forum i've ever used:happy:

They're big image files that are required to run certain games.

5-27-2007
- Almost all Melty Blood characters are in!
- All characters are in order from the top on down!

F1 = Instant kill player 2.
Left CTRL + F1 = Instant kill player 1.
F2 = Reduces both players life bars to 1%.
F3 = Fills both players power bars to maximum.
F4 = Restarts current match (in case of game freeze or glitch)
F5 = Time Over (time limit is currently set to infinite though)
Space Bar = Refils both health and power bars for both players.

Last edited:

Rekka79

Ninja Wiv Nook
Move list

Me again! :) is there anywhere i can acquire move lists for the characters? i've found some moves in files in their respective folders, but of course the characters are from a range of different games so the filing differs from character to character any help would be much appreciated :bow: even if i could get a list of the games the characters have been taken from i'd be happy to compile an in-depth movelist, i'd like to contribute to this project in some way and i've no clue when it comes to programming so maybe i can help out this way? i reckon i've probably got at least 100 to maybe 200 characters worth of movelists, so part of the battle is already won:happy: one last question... is there some way i can open the characters files up to look at them unencrypted? i was thinkin' maybe i could decipher some of the moves if not all of them by seeing the commands they use?

setablazebyyou

try opening the command or act files (dont know which ones either) with basic notepad or word (any processor will do) and you should be able to view them there. also you can modify them if you know how to use the commands properly. like take out the f + lk from akuma's demon rage and it will become as simple as lp + lp + hp. Experimenting is the best way. i wish i had time to contribute right now but am very busy. maybe later if chou can delegate some mindless work to me i could get that done:p good luck!

PS - hey chou, any way to get garou: motw? I'd LOVE to be able to use grant. I can't find a working fileset though.

Last edited:

ChouZangetsu

He's in the latest one:

untitledny2.jpg

You can view and change any characters moves by using Fighter Factory.

86868388vy2.jpg

setablazebyyou

coming along nicely, havent used fighter factory before. ill check it out. is there any way to make sure to get originals in there instead of just superversions? ill see which ones i can find. eg = silver samurai he plays totally different. letme know if there is anything else needed.:bow:

ChouZangetsu

We're releasing one more and then we're done with it.

We're calling it Mugen Hardcore Xtreme Final Special Edition. :happy:

Final unlocked character count: 421
Final stage count: 130

28866875vz8.jpg

coming along nicely, havent used fighter factory before. ill check it out. is there any way to make sure to get originals in there instead of just superversions? ill see which ones i can find. eg = silver samurai he plays totally different. letme know if there is anything else needed.:bow:

There's an original version for just about every character in there, plus the super versions.

I will tell you this... the last one we just released is very different from the rest. Well we'll see if anyone figures it out this or next year lol.

Last edited:

ChouZangetsu

Are you using Windows Vista or DirectX10?

I did change the sound plugin. Go here and download the sound fix.zip and extract it inside your mugen folder. It'll add the dj-van.dll sound plugin and overwrite your old mugen.cfg.

It should fix the team mode crashes too.

http://hosted.filefront.com/ChouZangetsu/

Everything's working fine on my end. I'm currently using Windows XP Pro SP2 with DirectX 9.0c.

Last edited:

setablazebyyou

imp was one of the final bosses in svc chaos. also i tried the new plugin, doesnt see to work any better. team will start...but there seems to be more glitches after matches or trying to exit. do you need system specs? im going to try to reinstall and run it again real quick

Zinkovich

ChouZangestsu, it seems the "special edition" files you posted are infected with the win32.parite virus(specifically, the exe's in the character folder), according to my copy of avast!, so maybe you should scan your own copy and all the .exes on your comp to double-check.

I really want to use your compilation of mugen, but the threat of having all my exe's breaking and then slightly increasing in size, causing it to dump temporary files all over the computer(which is basically what the virus does), is stopping me from doing so :(

Here's more info, and how you can check for it:

Technical Analysis

Win32/Parite is a packed, encrypted virus that infects files on the local file system and on writeable network shares. The virus repeatedly performs a sequence whereby it selects an .exe or .scr executable file, infects the file, waits a random time interval, selects and infects another file, and so on.

To each file that it selects for infection, the virus appends a new code section named ".<three random alphabetic characters>", such as .mpg. The virus changes the code-entry point of the file to the new, appended section. The virus contains certain code that it unpacks, re-encrypts, re-packs, and then copies to the new section of the executable file. This copied code consists of certain DLL code and some additional execution instructions.

When a file infected in this way runs, the execution instructions in the appended section of the file unpack and decrypt the DLL code in the appended section and drop it as a new file into the Windows temporary directory. The name of the dropped DLL consists of 4 randomly-chosen alphanumeric characters: the first three characters are alphabetic and the final character is a digit. Although the file is actually a DLL, the file extension is .tmp. So for example, the file could have a name like fia1.tmp.

The virus may also creates a marker in the registry:
Adds value: PINF
To subkey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
This value contains the full path to the dropped DLL. Win32/Parite may check for this registry entry to determine whether the virus is already running on the computer.

The execution instructions in the appended section of the infected file load the dropped DLL. The DLL exports a start function which contains the main virus code. The virus code calls the start function, which injects the DLL into the explorer.exe process. When a certain condition is satisfied, the DLL code runs and infects other .exe and .scr executable files.

Win32/Parite does not run executable files that it infects. When an infected file runs (for example, when a user or the system runs the file), the virus code in the appended section runs and then returns control to the original code-entry point of the executable file. The executable file then runs normally even though it is infected, so there may be no readily apparent indication to a user of any malicious activity.

Manual Recovery
It is not possible to recover manually from Win32/Parite. Consult your antivirus software vendor for specific directions for removing this Trojan.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/encyclopedia/details.aspx?name=Win32/Parite

Edit: The link provides an automatic removal tool for the virus, but I wouldn't recommend using it as it usually winds up damaging the exes it "repairs" to the point that they're beyond use.

However, it is useful for detecting the virus as it does it quickly and efficiently. If you don't have an actual paid-for virus scanner I'd recommend using it to check if you need one.

The rest of you who posted here, I recommend you scan your computer and attempt to fix it if you're concerned about saving space in your hard drives. This virus sucks up a lot of GB's of data over time if you have a lot of little exes(and sometimes inserts code that stops some of the more complex exe's it has infected from working), so it would probably wise for you guys to check your comps as well.

By the way, the worst thing this virus can do is infect your system files, which will prevent windows from running properly. It doesn't happen often, but I just wanted to tell you guys so it doesn't come as a shock to you when you one day start up your computers and find out that it's not working and you have to reformat your hard drive.

Last edited:

ChouZangetsu

imp was one of the final bosses in svc chaos

Oh, him! He goes by another name. They call him Red Arremer. Yeah he's in there.

also i tried the new plugin, doesnt see to work any better.

I put up an alternate winmugen exe. That's got to work.

team will start...but there seems to be more glitches after matches or trying to exit. do you need system specs? im going to try to reinstall and run it again real quick

I get team crashes to every now and then but not that many. Winmugen just isn't stable enough to run perfectly. But try out that alternate exe and see if it helps at all.

ChouZangestsu, it seems the "special edition" files you posted are infected with the win32.parite virus(specifically, the exe's in the character folder), according to my copy of avast!, so maybe you should scan your own copy and all the .exes on your comp to double-check.

Hmm. Yeah, you're right. It's mainly the dos2win and CharSffDtoW files that are infected although it's never caused us any problems. Actually those files aren't required to run winmugen so you can easily do a search for them in windows and delete them.

And there may be one in the winmugen.exe. We found one in one of ours so we put up another one that is virus free.

Edit:

We scanned the whole thing with Avast Pro 4.7 and got rid of all the baddies. And we're going to reupload it asap for ya.

I swear if you find another virus in there I'll slap my buddy here.

Last edited: