Where's my artwork?

TwistedWhizz

A friend of mine recommended getting some screen artwork for MAME32. I went to the official mame site and downloaded the requisite files to match the titles I have. I placed them in the artwork folder zipped up as directed, and then went to play the games. I got the Buck Rogers art for starters, but when I went to play the game there seemed to be no difference. I tried both working Buck Rogers games but no art. I've since tried it with a couple of other games but the artwork isn't showing on screen. Have I done something wrong? I'm using mame32 1.14.

EDIT: I've tried since with both Space Invaders and Kung Fu Master and they're still not appearing. I've even tried unzipping the files, but nothing!

Last edited:

sonic springboard
Go into your mame32 and click the options tab then default game options then click the miscellaneous tab and tick the boxs for the artwork presuming you have up to date artwork next while in the game press the key that opens the in game menus now go to dip switches and turn on your artwork :)

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Current builds of mame don't support the old artwork. Its all being re-done (and lots of extra ones as well) in High Res over at Mr Do's Mame Artwork page.
Scroll down the page for the downloads. Just leave them zipped in your artwork folder. When you boot a game you can use the TAB function to bring up the video options and turn it on and off.

Hope that helps.

TwistedWhizz

My thanks to both of you for your advice. Followed to the letter, and I now have art working just great! The Kung Fu Master one is lovely, and I swear it's the cabinet that I used to play back in the 80's. I've bookmarked MrDo's page, and I'll probably be back here soon with another inane problem for you to solve for me!

Thanks again for helping me out. :)

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
MrDo is indeed doing a great job with his artwork. It pays to use clrmame and the clrmame dat to check your artwork, since the sets change a lot.