Erasing data on a rewritable disk, so I can burn???

Crazy!

Road Runner!
Hi, I've got Nero Premium and I've inserted a cd/rw in my drive on the Start Smart screen and on the Extras category you can choose to erase data from the disk but when I click on it, it says ' No Recorder available that supports erasing discs!' GREAT!! So this must mean my cd/dvd drive cannot perform this task!! I also understand that these discs must be formatted before burning, but I don't know how to do this either...can someone help please???

Jale

Does your CD recorder support CD-RW (rewritable) discs? Use Nero InfoTool and check if your CD recorder supports such discs. Also, make sure the disc you're trying to erase is a CD-RW (not a CD-R).

You don't need to format the CD-R before burning since Nero itself does it for you when writing the lead-in and lead-out tracks, so you don't need to worry about that.

And to let you know, CD-R is CD Recordable and CD-ROM is CD Read Only Memory.

Last edited:

Crazy!

Road Runner!
it can read these discs but on the 'Write features' of my disc drive none of the boxes i.e cd/r, cd/rw are ticked, what's this mean, can I burn stuff to discs and erase or not?? I think it means I can't write to discs {burn}:(, but I tried burn a 600MB image file earlier and the software was doing something and it all was clear and said the burn was successful even though the disc was not empty, there's 13-15 audio tracks on there...! :confused:

Last edited:

Jale

it can read these discs but on the 'Write features' of my disc drive none of the boxes i.e cd/r, cd/rw are ticked, what's this mean, can I burn stuff to discs and erase or not?? I think it means I can't write to discs {burn}:(
Exactly. That means you can't burn anything, unless you've selected a CD-ROM drive by mistake in the drop box at the top left corner. Make sure your CD Recorder is selected and let me know again.

Crazy!

Road Runner!
:mad: :( :mad: :( I'm really p*ssed off! Yeah my DVD/CD Drive was selected and none of the supported write features were ticked, so I can't burn stuff, bloody old computer! I just want to clear loads of image files from the computer as backups on disc! I'm so annoyed!

ps - CD-ROM Drive??? I don't even think I've got a recorder, I'm so clueless at these things as you can definitely tell! ;)

Last edited:

Jale

Well, DVD-ROM drive. CD Recorders are very cheap, but before buying one, I recommend a DVD Recorder. A DVD Recorder can burn both CDs and DVDs. They're cheap too.

Crazy!

Road Runner!
ok, I'm waiting to hear about a job, when I'm back in work I'm gonna get one deffo!! And about my graphics card, I've decided to wait for when I'm getting a good salary so I can get a psu & a higher spec card! Thanks!:p :D but about the burning...:( :mad:

Zach

If you're gonna wait on most of your upgrades till you have good money, I suggest simply waiting until you have enough saved up to build an entirely new PC.

It will be better for you in the long run, and most of us here can help you put together a good computer from scratch.

Crazy!

Road Runner!
......:confused: :D build a new PC??Me, sorry but I just wouldn't have the first idea on how to do THAT!! even with the whole world backing me up, thanks though! I'm gonna get a new psu, dvd burner & AGP Card when I've got better money, I'm fine with this plan for now! Thanks though, I'll be on the site for help, I'm sure!...mmmm....:happy: ;)

PS- I can get all 3 items quite cheap aswell so it won't be too long! :)And I do get what you're saying, I wish I could afford to get a good pc with better memory, graphics, harddrive space, it'll save all of the hassle etc, this pc here is great look: http://forums.emulator-zone.com/showthread.php?t=6050&page=3

I might eventually just get a new card and that's it and then in a couple of years get a new pc...

Last edited: