NES Emulators & sprite layers

medladam

Question: does anyone know of an NES emulator that can disable sprite/background layers in NES games the same was that ZSNES does for SNES games? Sorry to repeat myself here but I didn't really get a satisfactory answer the first time I asked.:eek:

Many thanks!

medladam

Thanks. I just want to be able to disable sprites/backgrounds so I can take clear screenshots of game backgrounds and sprites. I looked into sprite ripping earlier but that stuff goes way over my head. I'll take a look at those tools, though.

medladam

In the unlikely event anyone else was looking for an NES emulator with sprite/background layer disabling capabilities, I found one after all. You can use FCE Ultra to hide sprites/backgrounds by hitting F4/Shift+F4. It doesn't mention this feature anywhere within the program, but it does list it on its online instruction manual. I suppose if I had read it sooner I would've been happily capturing sprites earlier.:)

Zach

In the future, try bumping your thread. Chances are someone will read it again. Try to avoid double posting from now on.

Thanks.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
Bumping is replying to your own question after a while. You could have posted in your old thread again to "bump" it.