SSF Problems, Help Please.

Psychoflood

I'm desperate for help, i've been looking on every forum about SSF and i've been looking on every website. I've read countless threads, tried countless methods, and nothing is working.

First of all, my computer meets all of the specs because i can get aspects of this emulator working.

I'm trying to emulate one game and one game only. Dragon Force. i own the game and ripped the image myself a long time ago (i backup all my games) but i have no idea where the original is. So of course, i burn a disc. It doesn't work on my saturn (duh) so i'm trying to get SSF to work. I tried Cassini, SSE, Satourne, Saturnin, GiriGiri and countless versions of SSF to no prevail.

When i load SSF i get an error box or two that pops up telling me there's an issue with the direct graphics thread, direct input thread, or sometimes even something different. I somehow got Dragon Force working yesterday ( i was so so so happy) but then halfway through my screen went black and upon rebooting SSF i got the direct graphics thread error. What the heck is going on here? Now when i use SSF v 0.08 and higher, it boots like a charm but seems to emulate a saturn TOO well because it acts like my saturn does when it realized its a burned disk. gives me the unsuitable for this system routine. I know "switch your region" or "switch you bios" or "try all possible combos of these two" i did. its still not working.

Any help? Please, i'm getting so frustrated. e-mail me at john.psychoflood@gmail.com or reply to this post please!!!!:bow: :bow: :bow:

-Psychoflood

montpics

At least we know that you may not have installed DirectX yet.

Psychoflood

haha well i did install direct X, i play a number of games which require the latest version and i have direct X installed.

I'll include some pictures that might help. I really don't understand it. sometimes now when i boot the emulator, it functions but it takes me like thirty tries before i don't get an error when booting. ALso, every time i reboot it changes the error i get. There seems to be a set of them.

http://content.bolt.com/uploads7/photo/5/4/3/2/4/2/543242/small/1177534027801.jpg
http://www.bolt.com/Psychoflood/photo/error_2jpg/3219066
http://www.bolt.com/Psychoflood/photo/Error3/3219067

Any ideas?

Last edited:

Zach

Have you tried mounting an image file instead of using a physical CD ?

As for the errors it keeps throwing you.. I don't know what to make of that. Looks like it's citing a source code file at that. Which I'm not sure a compiled program should even be doing

Last edited:

Psychoflood

the burned CD is working okay, because i set up SSF at my friends' house and the CD ran flawlessly, i'm using the same things here at home and now i'm getting those errors. I get the errors with or without trying to run the game.

Cloud802

Emu Freak
Just for giggles try running it on Deamon tools, some CD drives find it hard to run this type of stuff. I had the same problem with ePSXe.